DIY School - (v2.0)

Maybe I created the list wrong? It’s tedious work. Let me go back and check again.

It doesn’t matter for the purpose of programming device, you can use Noahlink wireless, once connected you’ll see the correct models you have,or just open the battery door and look up inside them, there you will see in very small font the exact model you have.

Yes, I imagine it is. I’m used to reading tech documents and I’m stumbling through one device. I appreciate your efforts, they are fantastic. And if I can help, I’m happy to. I’m probably going to order the NoahWireless anyway, so that should give us a definitive answer if it works or not.

I also have a pair of Resound LiNX2 (LS562-DRW) [1] circa 2019. Aventa, I believe. What I believe to be the flex contact pad is obvious with the battery door open. In that same location on the Quattros, there is a translucent hard urethane window that does not appear removable. Image

There is also no flex conductor slot under the button, as seen on other Resound flex programmable instruments.

The only thing that even suggests the ability to open the case is a small recess on one side of the seam at the bottom. But that looks more like it’s intended for a spudger tool to crack the case for service, not for regular use.

[1] I was hoping to program both, but I doubt I will buy two different programmers.

The cheat sheet is simply meant to match the Cable Guide. Yep I presented it wrong. Maybe something like this;

• (LiNX Quattro) Customs-RIE, BTE = NW
  • -or ( LiNX Quattro) Customs-RIE 61 DRW, BTE 67 DW = HP with Flexstrips
  • -or (LiNX Quattro) RIE 62 DRW, BTE 77 DW, BTE 88 DW = HP with adapter
1 Like

You’ll only need the one, from Verso models you can use Noahlink wireless, everything you need to know is in the software including all the cut and paste jobs that your getting confused with, just use the software to find what you want, including all the resources available from the pro site, which can be accessed from the software.

1 Like

AFAIK> Smart Fit does not specify which hearing aid programming device to use. Though, I could be wrong? I don’t have any ReSound HAs.

Let’s see if I have this correct. If I am reading the Resound Aventa chart, and comments by @tenkan & @pvc, correctly:

1. The Magna (bottom) is the oldest and the LiNX2 (top) is the newest on this document.
  2. Everything from Alera up is Noahlink wireless (NW) capable.
  3. Certain models of LiNX 2 are also wired capable.
  4. RIE 61 can use wireless or CS53 flex strip
  5. RIE 62 can use wireless or programming adapter
    6 #4 & 5 Require a High Pro interface.

Correct?

Just found in the ReSound LiNX Quattro fitting guide
“The Smart Launcher will detect ReSound hearing instruments as well as ReSound Aventa legacy instruments, and then retrieve the software appropriate for the connected device.”

Yep, that’s the way I read it.

2 Likes

Yea! You can teach an old dog new tricks.

And for the Quattro from the from the “ReSound Smart Fit cable guide”

1. All models can use the Noahlink (NW).
  2. Quattro Rechargeable (my instrument) can ONLY use NW .
  3. Quattro non-rechargeable can use NW or Programming Adapter II, but not flex strip
  4. LiNX 3D can use NW, flex, pill, or PA II

Correct?

Yeah so thats just for the software, the programming device you need to use is the Noahlink wireless,in my old school days it was AirLink USB dongle and then later AirLink 2
(which then became the industry standard Noahlink wireless)
Sure the HiPro can be used on the older models with all the other bits and pieces.
PVC I’m sure there is a drop down menu to change the programming device like other software, I’ll check it later tonight with my linx2.

There is definitely a dropdown if you are using it in simulate mode. In v1.15 the choices I see are:

• Noahlink Wireless
  • Speedlilnk
  • HI-PRO 2
  • NOAHlink
1 Like

I believe the list of programming devices is a list of devices for Smart Fit and not for your selected hearing aid.

1 Like

Yes, that makes sense.

I rewrote the cheat sheet in this format; Tip: Double-Click image to expand;

2 Likes

Yeah so if you chose one that isn’t supported for that HA it’ll let you know.

But I think it’s something ungraceful like a message that says
No Instrument Discovered” whatever that means?

Phonak Target (on the other hand) has a little circle-i/(i) notification, and when you mouse-hover over it you get a friendly notification that says (Incompatible fitting device). That notification is more clear.

So there’s no guessing about what’s wrong.

Oh yeah but I was talking about once connected, but I think realistically as I mentioned, Noahlink wireless is the only one worth getting, as it covers just about everything including the OP’s models.

1 Like

Many thanks to you both. This is an invaluable resource for those of us seeking to DIY.

Ultimately, I will likely seek the assistance of a professional and also DIY to get the best of both worlds.

If your hearing aids are connected to the fitting software, then by definition, you are using the correct hearing aid programming device.

My point is that ReSound’s Smart Fit fitting software doesn’t provide any help (other than the cable guides) for choosing the correct hearing aid programming device. Well, none that I can find?

1 Like

Yes I know that, so what I’m saying is it will show which others are available, which is why I’m saying just the Noahlink wireless is all that’s required for the OP, but yes your point of not being able to find the details there, so it’s just back to the Noahlink wireless or HiPro, ReSound are all 99% wireless, some can use both, so it doesn’t matter in most cases.