DIY School - (v2.0)

Welcome to the forum, sure but don’t forget you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device as well for DIY projects.

Check out the target user guide as well, you can of course get more information about this just by clicking on @pvc avatar.

https://www.phonak.com/en-us/site-search?q=Phonak+Target+step-by-step+guide+

I’d really appreciate it if someone could send me a link to the Phonak Lumity fitting software. I’m about to try a set of Lumity L90s. Thank you!

Sure, but don’t forget that you’ll need the Noahlink wireless as well for DIY projects, check out the target user guide as well.

https://www.phonak.com/en-us/site-search?q=Phonak+Target+step-by-step+guide+

2 Likes

Can I get the Phonak Target software? My audiologist did a fine job overall, but the phone call/bluetooth streaming settings need some tweaking.

Hey PVC can I use expresslink 3 for firmware update on Oticon Opn 1 and if so what cables is it (cs 44 and flex strip) and where is best place to buy them if you know? Are there product sku or numbers?

There is a big long discussion about → Updating Firmware using Oticon EXPRESSlink3. @GeekMan did it. Save your settings first as they will be destroyed. You can then reload your settings later after the firmware update.

I think that EXPRESSlink3 uses the same Mini Din-style cables as a Hi Pro. Though I don’t know that for sure. If it does it would be standard CS44 and not Phonak CS44a with pins 3&4 reversed.

The Hearing Club for Flexstrips $20-a-pair → Programming Adapter choose size 10, 312, 13 or FLEX STRIPS Comes with two adapters. Though, watch out because you may end up ordering programming pills by mistake. The two are side-by-side and are very difficult to distinguish which one you are ordering.

Where to get CS44 cables?? I dunno? All I see on EBay are Phonak CS44a cables. Maybe these are getting hard to find?

Tip: when searching add “hearing” to help find cables for hearing aids.

Oticon FlexConnect Strip Programming Adaptor 390-01-180-05 Would this work for 312 battery ? The cs 44 cables.

Is this the right one

The CS44 cables are the ones. You cannot use programming pills on Oticon. They will do nothing. Read a DIY School document named (Fitting Instructions Oticon Genie2; Opn-OpnS). You need flexstrips, not programming pills. Like this/mine;

Use the light/Blue scrool-bar to scroll to the top of this Topic to the OP/Original Post;

Then click DIY School and when you see the list of PDF files click (Fitting Instructions Oticon Genie2; Opn-OpnS)

So the cs 44 above but not the 312 battery type connector as that will not work in oticon, I understand. Did not know what you meant by pill at first. What brand takes the battery type connector, out of curiosity?

Signia and some other use programming pills. Phonak Customs use a different style of Pill. Phonak Customs use an adapter that is similar. It has to match contact points inside the battery compartment. Read the DIY Manual. Tiny Oticon customs use a similar adapter. Selecting the cables and connectors is a non trivial task.

The picture above is my Oticon Opn 1 connected with (3-conductor) Flexstrips. I say (3-conductor) because there are other styles.

Thank you for answering that. I would say the pill type look sturdier but I get that Oticon didn’t choose that type.

Can I order from the Hearing Club.

That’s what it’s for. Here’s an example (in your Cart) of the two different items. Make sure you order the second item, not the first item;

Thank you I ordered the flex strip type. Thanks for explaining that the pill “battery” type was for other brand hearing aids. I would have thought the battery type was a newer style of the flex strip. So they are on the way and I picked up an expresslink 3 to update the firmware on the OPN 1s, my audiologist wanted 300 just to do that.

1 Like

Have you had any when using In-situ Audiometry in Genie 2. I find that when using it the program crashes. Any suggestions.

Any problems with using in-situ? No. You will be the first so please elaborate about what crashes means, and about the steps leading up to it.

Have your flexstrips arrived that quick? Less than one day? You need to have your hearing aids connected in order to use in-situ. Otherwise how can you hear the beeps that are sent to your hearing aids?

No I was trying it with Noahlink wireless when it crashed. I was hooked to the OPN 3 the first time. Second time I was on the OPN1. I was just experimenting at the time by listening to the tone in the hearing aid.

I ordered the cables last night for a expresslink 3 I ordered from ebay for 50. I wanted to use it with the cables to update the firmware on the OPN 1s. The OPN 3s are mine from audiologist and are up to date. I could not find an audiologist that would update the OPN1s without charging me 500. I had copied my settings from the OPN 3s to OPN1s. Yet With Noahlink as you know I cannot update the firmware. I believe only OPN S1 and forward can you do that.

So I tried In situ Audiometry with OPN 3 and it crashed. Same thing happened with OPN1.

Same thing happend with my OPNS 1 P BTE, as i did in-situ test in Genie 2 via Noahlink Wireless. This happend twice. There comes an error message and the programm closed.

Hearing aids have Firmware 8.0 , up to date.
Noahlink Wireless Firmware Version 2.23
in-situ test were performed with Genie 2 version 2022.2.1