DIY If I can do it so can you

This is a copy and paste from the Oticon attachment above.

GENERAL FITTING
Oticon Alta2 instruments are programmed using the Genie 2015.2 fitting software or higher compatible with NOAH 3 or higher.
Wireless fitting - FittingLINK
FittingLINK provides a wireless link (Bluetooth) between the PC and one or two wireless enabled hearing instruments. In addition FittingLINK can be used via a USB cable connected to the PC.
Cabled fitting
Use programming cable #3.

Maybe there is no such thing as a FittingLINK2? If I recall correctly Oticon went from FittingLINK to FittingLINK3. Also, these are proprietary hearing aid fitting devices meaning they will work for Oticon products only.

There are references to FittingLINK2 in the Oticon Professional download (for example Instructions For Use). But when you click them they all point to FittingLINK, not FittingLINK2.

Maybe @Volusiano could comment because he uses the proprietary device FittingLINK3.

Speaking of audiologists, I taught mine a few years ago how to pair my android phone to my Resound hearing aids. The app only allows volume and program changes but she said it would require a firmware change which wasn’t available on my model. That is when I started to wish I could tweek mine my self.

Is the Phonak Target software still Windows only?

I have been using computers since 1963 and for the last 15 years I have spent much of my time editing photos from raw files direct from my cameras using Photoshop and other software, so I think I could figure out how to adjust my new Phonak Marvel M70s. But I have only Mac computers.

Yes, but you can just download windows emulator for Mac and run it that way. Google is very helpful here, los of different ways to do it.

Good luck.

I am familiar with those and have used Windows emulators on my Mac before. The problem here is that you have to connect to the hearing aids via the computer’s Blue Tooth radio and MacOS won’t give the emulator control of that.

Actually you just use the programming device for that part, Noahlink for the Marvel platform or iCube ll (comes with its own Bluetooth dongle) for the older models.

https://www.himsa.com/en-us/products/noahlinkwireless.aspx

What do you mean by “programming device”?

It’s what you need to do any programming or adjustments to your HA’s

Just click the link in my last reply.

So you mean the NoahLink Wireless interface. But it has to connect to the Windows computer via Blue Tooth, and the virtual machine which runs Windows on the Mac is not allowed to use Bluetooth.

Yes , if you clicked on the link you will see that the Noahlink is actually connected by USB, the Bluetooth connection is from the Noahlink to your Marvel HA’s.
Use the search engine from right here on hearing tracker and you’ll see this very set up has been discussed.

But why not make you job real easy and just buy a cheap windows laptop just fot programming your Marvel HA’s, basic laptops can be brought brand new for $200, the specification for running Target software is so basic, really old tech runs the software without any issues.

Good luck.

I have used a Windows 7 laptop for many years. It has done my Phonak programming just fine. Recently I purchased a Dell all in one big screen for programming and other things.
My laptop is just sitting, not worth much but it will program hearing aids.
As tenants said, a cheap laptop will do the job.

I did click on the link but I see nothing about USB connections. If that is the way it connects, it might work. Thanks for pointing this out.

As I said above, I do have two old Windows laptops still running Win7 that might work for this.

Hi @Jthomas
Your computer’s Bluetooth doesn’t communicate with hearing aids. You need a connecting device, pictured is one of these things, the Noahlink Wireless.

That Noahlink Wireless connects to your computer via USB cable, then it connect to your hearing aids. In fact that black box with two lights is a Bluetooth Low Energy dongle, pimped to work with hearing aids. This device cost around 200 dollars in eBay (some people in this forum have found as low as 175 (I paid 250 euros to some guy located in Cyprus, go figure)

I did not try to use my Mac, just bought a used Lenovo ThinkPad, found in eBay under 200 dollars, it’s a pretty decent machine (Intel i5, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD drive). I recommend follow this way.

2 Likes

Thanks. I knew the NoahLink device was required, I just didn’t realize it connects to the computer via USB. Makes sense, and I should have thought of that.

FYI

FittingLINK WP-2 which I obtained from a seller on eBay Nov 2019. I use it for my NHS Bernafon Chronos 7’s.

37522-fitting-link-product-information.pdf (113.0 KB)

Totally agree, I have programmed my phonak nios micro v with ipfg, but have just bought two phonak naida v30 sps. The datasheet reckons I need Target 4.3 or higher, where can I source this software? Any assistance will be much appreciated.

My Phonak Target software just upgraded automatically to version 7.0.5.

Did you know that you can save the 7.0.5 Install file? Just click the Save As…. button on the Update screen and you can save the Install file to the location you choose on your computer;

1 Like

Apologies if this isn’t the appropriate place for this question, but is the Noahlink/Target software the correct combination for a Starkey Picasso i2000 user? Or is that just for Phonak?