Directional Hearing in Signia App

Hello Sisnia Users,
If you have a signia 5ax (or similar)
on the Signi App appears at the bottom right
an icon “Directional hearing”.
I can choose whatever I want on this page
or turn my head around, I hear no difference.
Am I doing something wrong?
Please share your experience about “Directional Hearing”.

You can definitely hear the difference, especially in the noisier environments and going past 105 degrees. You need two HAs for this to work, it’s a binaural feature. And it’s more noticeable with closed domes or earmolds.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer, Reginald.

I again tested it, especially in
the 105 degree direction, but no change.
Could it be the directional function
must be activated in the Connexx fitting software ?
I have hearing aids Signia Pure c&G 5ax
and signia app 2.6.50.12300

Thank you for anny help

I believe it’s on by default, but yes it can be changed by your audiologist’s.

I have the top quality Signia hearing aids and honestly I do not find the Directional Hearing application to be working well at all

It’s ON by default, and it should be. I don’t think it can even be disabled, easily ( I self-program and I know the software).
You should talk to your audi.

Wow, I’m surprised to hear that, I have Stylettos 7AX and In noisy environments it’s quite helpful to me. You can definitely hear environmental sounds gradually disappear as the beam narrows.

1 Like

For best directional hearing the devices have to sit on the propper position on the ears

I think that better question would be what their expectation are in regards to the feature.

I have Signia Pure 7AXs and I find a noticeable difference, particularly in a noisy environment. I sometimes notice background noise (traffic, airconditioning etc) and if I narrow the arc of the directional hearing it reduces it.

4 Likes

I have the same experience and that’s how it should work, it’s quite noticeable.
Maybe it’s due to the type of their hearing loss, hard to say since they didn’t provide their audiograms.

2 Likes