Direct Streaming Hearing Aid Suggestions

I have Miracle Ear HAs and it seems they are “crippled” to force you to use a box to hear the TV stream directly to my HAs.
Anyone have a suggestion for the least expensive HAs that have streaming capabilities?

Unfortunately I think you will find the majority of HA’s require an audio streaming device for TV’s. I have Phonak Lumity Ha’s and use a audio streaming device. Mine also require a android device intermediary, i.e. cell phone, android tablet (kindle doesn’t work).

2 Likes

Things to consider. What phone do you use? Apple and Android phones have different streaming requirements. For low cost, either go to Costco or with a more basic model hearing aid (Oticon Real 3 instead of 1, Phonak Lumity 30 instead of 90, etc.) TV is tricky. Some people with your loss with a well adjusted hearing aid wouldn’t need to stream to hear the TV adequately, although streaming is almost always better. Some newer TVs allow streaming without a box with some hearing aids, but latency has been an issue. The “box” can often be purchased used at a considerable discount.
Whatever you purchase, make sure you understand return policies–preferably try it out to see if it meets your needs before irrevocably committing.

3 Likes

There’s also a need to stream from the TV so you don’t miss something when there are other noises around me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Signia streamline tv BT looks just like the Miracle Ear and the model number on both is TV03, I wounder if my ME will work with that streamer?

If you use a Roku for your TV, you can stream to any Bluetooth device using the Roku phone app. Roku has been my preferred TV streamer for a while now, but I just figured out how to stream to BT headphones or hearing aids recently. Works great!

4 Likes

Uh, Lumity does not require a cell phone to stream from a TV. Phonak has a tv transmitter but many tvs have Bluetooth. Lumity directly connects to almost any bluetooth transmitter.

1 Like

Well that’s one possibility I havent tried but it looks like you have to use the Roku app on the phone to send audio (Roku app>HAs). But my problem is that the ME HAs don’t stream from phone w/o a device :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: