Different receiver power left and right ear

Are having different receiver powers acceptable between left and right ear? (85 vs 100 or 100 vs 105)

All depends on audiogram.

3 Likes

Mainly, one ear can benefit slightly with 105 (100 may work but higher frequencies are at 90db so the extra room from 105 may help) compared to 100 for the left ear. Though will it sound different or better to stick with 100?

Perhaps one of the audiologists here will chime in, but I should think if one’s ears had different audiogram profiles it may benefit the individual to have two different-powered speakers in use to compensate.

Sure. Im no audi but just look at my audiogram and you can see why. I used a 100 in my bad ear and a 85 in my better ear, but I dont notice a difference to be honest and i like the mold and comfort with the 85 better. Those power receivers are huge. I use 85’s in both ears currently. The only difference i noticed was slightly better feedback control but i have my mold on my bad ear with no vent so feedback isn’t an issue

2 Likes

I hope so, since that’s what I have. Most veterans I know have a bad right ear and a better left. I have 100 in right and 85 in left.

1 Like