Difference Between Thick Wall Tubing And Thick Wall Stay Dry Tubing (Moisture Free)

Here in the UK, Thick Wall Pre Bent Tubing – 25 pack cost around £12 (not including shipping), and Thick Wall Stay Dry Tubing (Moisture Free) – 5 Pack cost around £12 (not including shipping).
The question is, is it worth getting the 25 pack one or the 5 pack one?
Not sure how useful is the Stay Dry Tubing (Moisture Free) ones!

Note that the tubing is for Phonak Naida Paradise.
Thx

2 Likes

Stay Dri lasts SO long for me.

Much prefer it.

I used to pay £7.95 with free shipping. It’s now £11.95 with free shipping.

2 Likes

If you are not having moisture problems, why pay the extra for the moisture free tubing. The only time I used the moisture free tubing is when patients had moisture accumulating in their tubing or actually blocking their tubing. If I had to do any custom bending of the tubing I preferred the standard Tygon tubing over the moisture free.

2 Likes

Well, that’s the problem, there is moisture in the tubing, so I am not sure which one to pick.
And how often do you have to change them?
And how often do you have to change the Ear Hook?
Thx

Microscopic droplets occur due to temperature differences with evaporation from ears, this is normal.

1 Like

I have used the ear tips and molds for my HA. I found more moistures droplets in the ear tips (L shaped ear plug). Molds with a slightly curved tube has less moisture droplets.
When you put the HA into the any type of dryer, the hole must face up upward so that the moisture droplets could escape/evaporate out during the drying process.
As moisture evaporate (lighter) it tends to move out (float) - in the drying chamber (dryer). If the tiny hole in the molds is facing downward, the moisture takes a much much longer period to dry.
This is what I observed in the glass can drying chamber with silica desiccants.

1 Like

I go through normal tubing monthly before it starts to get hard.

Stay Dry last around 9 months for me. Also my ears are less wet.

Ear hooks, never needed to change.

3 Likes

Hi @Baltazard… My twin walled tubing is I believe the normal type? I don’t actually buy it, it’s given to me, but it usually last 6 to 9 months, my aids go in the dryer every night, perhaps this keeps the tubing slightly supple, and not hard as a brick! Once the tubing starts to go hard, I am usually alerted by the mould, it will work its way loose, or the tubing will come off the mould by itself…Tis time to change tubing… Cheers Kev :wink:

3 Likes

@kevels55 Much appreciated.
Thank you

1 Like