Didn't like the Lumity. What else to trial?

No, they use Bluetooth LE adapter on the battery cover to connect to MFI / ASHA device, which is way behind Cochlear/AB. which is integrated…

Cochlear Ltd was able to do this alone by funding GN LEWIS development team at GN group and they had the cash to spend on R&D in integration and support GN LEWIS platform team for many years.

AB was brought by Sonova and gave the AB the SWORD chip

GN LEWIS is the codename for LE radio used in both Resound HA and Cochlear sound processor

1 Like

@Zebras @idontwantha @tenkan Thanks for your comments. I did a fair amount of homework myself on the music issue, and I did bring my audi the " Dr. Chasin’s Checklist for Optimizing Your Hearing Aids for Music," as well as the HearingAidsandMusic.org Quickstart guide for clinicians about how to program for music. I believe she followed all the steps in those, including turning off whistle-block, but I will double check that when I see her next.

1 Like

For the umpteenth time, I’ll request the moderators here pin a link to the pdf files I and others have posted concerning how to fit HAs for musicians. This topic comes up repeatedly and is an issue of real distress for musicians who are HA wearers. A simple way to point to the link has the potential to help the many musicians who come here for advice.

1 Like

@jeffrey, are you saying that I didn’t bring my audi the right information? I thought Chasin’s checklist, in particular, was highly recommended, and the documents at https://musicandhearingaids.org/ (sorry I got the link address backwards in my last post) are the result of a multi-disciplinary project involving music psychologists, clinical scientists, audiologists, deaf musicians, etc. based in Sheffield, England. I thought both these documents were credible and well researched and written.

oh no, sorry, that’s a very good pdf that you brought in! Don’t worry about that. I was just prodding the mods here to make it easy for folks to find that and other links with info for audis on how to set up a musician program.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for the clarification, Jeffrey.

Without an occluding mold on the right ear, it’s more than “just” turning off whistle block. I have found that if (big if) you can get a double dome to seal completely, you can prevent feedback without bad occlusion. Occlusion can be bad for wind instrument players and singers–you can’t hear anything but yourself, such as the other performers.
While many here like the More 1 sound, not all do. I find the surround sound noise to be tiring, particularly in a car. That may be my hyperacusis.

@rasmus_braun could you assist?

I am among the few users of the Starkey LivioEdge AI RIC 312 in my audi’s practice, and I love the streaming functiionality of my units. These stream music perfectly and allow for the adjustment of BASS via the equalizer in the THRIVE phone app.

I have picked up the MINI MIC that allows for remote broadcasting via Bluetooth that I place on my TV Soundbar for ideal listening capability.

I get 4 days on a set of 312 batteries and keep a spare pair in my wallet to never be without hearing. For this reason I will NEVER opt for rechargeable HAs.