Did I buy the wrong thing? Ceru GUARD?

I have the KS 9 hearing aids, which are Phonak Marvels, basically. And I have the Cerushield for wax guards.

I think I may have ordered the wrong thing, the item I received says Ceruguard. GUARD, not shield.

It looks the same, to me. Anyone know if I can use this or not? Thank you.

Based on research at amazon.com, I conclude that the answer to your question is no – you’re OK. I surmise that CeruGuard is an update of CeruShield that provides better grip ridges on the back to make it easier to rotate the front against the back.

2 Likes

Thank you! Appreciate the help.

1 Like

@brec I found this:

*Fits:hearing aid filters have been designed specifically to be used with Phonak & Unitron SDS 4.0 receivers. Please note that CeruGuard Disk wax guards is only compatible with Phonak & Unitron RIC hearing aids with SDS 4.0 Receivers used on: Phonak Marvel hearing aids, Phonak Paradise hearing aids, Unitron Blu hearing aids, Unitron Discover hearing aids, Unitron Discover Next hearing aids. CeruGuard Disk wax guards is NOT compatible with older model hearing aids and older receivers.

My receivers are original to my hearing aids, so about 4 years old. I have no idea if that is the sds 4.0 or not.

1 Like

If they’re KS9 ~ Marvel then they are SDS 4.0 compatible. The text you quoted mentions Marvel.

My Phonaks Paradise came with a Ceruguard disk, which was fine with domes.

My Audio fitted slim tips, so removed the filter from the receiver, and put it directly on the slimtip.

They fit fine, but you can’t fit the slim tip into the disc. I’ve got round this by using the Cerustops instead (8x stick applicators).

This works well. I’m assuming that the actual filter is the same.

Peter

1 Like

Peter the waxguards on my Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s are so tiny.

That leaves room for fewer holes/paths that prevent my ear wax from reaching my receivers.

My thought–my guess–same amount of wax. Fewer holes. Less capacity. I better change my waxguards on the P90’s more often. And when I do I always hear better.

So I go through the new wax guards much more quickly. Those tiny wax guards are a blight.

DaveL