DECTII Landline Connection for Phonak Lumity L70

UPDATE March 10 2024: : VERY HELPFUL REPLY DIRECTLY FROM PHONAK
“I had a look at this (Panasonic) phone model online and I don’t see the Bluetooth specifications to confirm, therefore I cannot say if this will work with our hearing aids. Our aids would at minimum need the phone to support the Bluetooth Hands Free Profile (HFP); many Bluetooth landlines on the market use the Headset Profile (HSP).”

One phone that has been tested to work with our aids is the Clarity XLC8 Bluetooth landline. We do not sell this phone but you may be able to find it from other retailers.""

My landline DECTII technology no longer connects to new hearing aids. Phonak Lumity L70 only connects to a cell phone. Problem is, I have an excellent landline long distance package on my existing DECTII landline. Cell phone long distance costs the earth. I do not want to give up the long distance package.

My solution so far: keep my old Phonak’s on my desk so I can use them for the landline DECTII technology Phonak phone. Does anyone know a better solution? Thank you.

The only solution I have found is to use the “Acoustic Phone” setting on my HA’s. This is easily set up as the first optional program so one click and it’s there. One ear is used to pick up the phone’s caller and it is broadcast to both ears.

1 Like

Are you in the US? Who is your landline with and cell phone service.

Panasonic has landline phones that connect to Bluetooth, for headsets or bluetooth hearing aids. But it would probably be easier to fix your cell service than connect to a landline.

1 Like

You may consider IP telephony. Usually this comes with an app that you install on your phone, so this will ring over Bluetooth when you receive “landline” calls. In my case (CH) subscription and calls are cheaper than using a copper wire.

1 Like

@lace_n see your post by coincidence, and as former product manager of the DECT CPII (I assume you refer to the Phonak DECT) I would like to give you the answer.

That phone was made for the previous platform of hearing aids that still operated on a 10.6MHz wireless protocol.
The new hearing aids all work on 2.4GHz (Bluetooth technology), hence there is no way this will wirelessly work I am afraid.

Of course you still can use it acoustically (and remember the green button on the side gives an extra loudness boost).
If you want wirelesss direct transmission there is no way but to look for a Bluetooth endabled DECT phone.

Sorry for not having better news.

1 Like

Thank you for responding. I am in Canada, where cell phone service is extremely expensive compared to the cost in other markets. Hence my wish to stick with a good landline long distance package.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion. I am in Canada, where cell phone packages are extremely expensive compared to other markets. So, I wish to keep my landline long distance package. I’ll look into the Panasonic option you suggest.

Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate it.

Thank you. I will check with my audiologist about this on the next visit.

Wow! This is great stuff, thanks! Another respondent suggested looking for a Bluetooth phone, and mentioned Panasonic. When I search these phones, I find “Dect 6.0,” which is described as having Bluetooth. Is Dect 6.0 Bluetooth the phone that I should go for? Would those pair with any Bluetooth hearing aid? If so, you have given me GREAT news!

@lace_n “DECT 6.0” is the name used in the US for DECT cordless phones. This is the phone side of the standard.
… But …
It does NOT mean it it supports Bluetooth. Best is you check the Datasheet or ask in a shop which sells those phones for the models supporting Bluetooth.
My father is using a Gigaset with his Lumitis and it seems to work nicely.

1 Like

Does your DECT box have a 3.5mm audio jack connector? If yes, maybe consider buying a Roger On? Mine has a stereo 3.5mm socket on the charger base that you can connect to an audio device like a TV.
You’d need to double-check that it works both ways, i.e. as a microphone into your DECT as well as a headset, but I think it will.
The Roger On is an expensive device, but is also very useful in crowded restaurants or persentations.
Let us know the results of your research please.

Thank you! I’m digging deeper and will let you know.

Thank you for this detail. I am digging deeper, and will share this with my audiologist. Will let you know, as I am sure I am not the only person who has had to think about pitching the Phonak DECII model after a hearing aid upgrade.

If it is a Panasonic Bluetooth phone it will pair and work with Phonak Lumity models. For other brands, like Resound, you would have to use the Resound Phone Clip (or whatever brand of phone clip matches your hearing aids).

Hello, All: I have received replies from Phonak and Panasonic, and will post them shortly.

Thank you so much. What Phonak said about that was:
“I had a look at this phone model online and I don’t see the Bluetooth specifications to confirm, therefore I cannot say if this will work with our hearing aids. Our aids would at minimum need the phone to support the Bluetooth Hands Free Profile (HFP); many Bluetooth landlines on the market use the Headset Profile (HSP).” You are very kind to confirm that Panasonic phones will pair with Lumity’s. When I switch to the battery operated Lumity, I will get the Panasonic phone. Much cheaper than the Clarity models that do pair with Lumity, according to Phonak. I appreciate your help.

Here is an example. Details confirm HFP.

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Bluetooth-Headphones-Bilingual-Expandable/dp/B0B4F641L6?th=1

This is great! Thank you for doing this research. This is going to be so much help for so many people in my shoes.