Deciding which ci model i should choose?

Hello i have been deaf both ears since birth and have been using hearing aid 24 years for right and 3 years for left recently but for left ear voice and noise are way too different than right ear. As the time passes my right ear giving me speech difficult understanding and went to audiologist to check word recognition and got 40% on right and 20% on left and they suggested that i get ci and so i accepted and did full tests as both my cochlear and nerve is good condition and will be having surgery on right ear 4 to 5 month later. they suggested me having either choose cochlear N7(cp1000) or N7’S(cp1002) or Sonnet 2 however N7 is way too expensive than N7’S and Sonnet 2 while i know much information about N7 and Sonnet 2 and dont know much N7’S and i would like know the difference between three models and informations. Even though my heart telling me to go sonnet 2 bcz of internal electrode full length and flexible that take advantage of low pitch but cochlear has longer battery time and i like it. i know that both brand is good and it depends on my lifstyle ahhhh i cant even decide which one i should choose

I believe the N7 s can be used with Android phones. It doesn’t mention anything about IOS phones that I could see. I really don’t know much about the N7s. Other than Cochlear stream directly to your ears.

Where as Med El don’t stream directly to your ears. You need to purchase some form of streamer suitable for Med El devices. If you read through the topics, a couple of members have Med El. You can tag them for a more personal opinion.

I had N7 for 3.5 yrs and I loved it. Straight forward that didn’t have any working issues. I now have N8 processor. We’re you not offered the N8? If not do you know why?

2 Likes

I told audiologist about N8 and they said that my country does not have it and out of budget

1 Like

It seem i have decided to go N7s because i use android.

3 Likes

I wish you all the very best on your new hearing journey. Come back and let us all know how you’re getting on please.

3 Likes

I know it’s a tuff decision about which CI processor to use.

I really don’t know if there is proven results that the longer array of one brand is better than another brand.

I have heard mixed opinions about MedEl but I still believe all three CI brands are good.
I also know that Cochlear’s N7, N8 and K2 processors are compatible with both Android and iOS phones without a separate device for streaming.

As far as bimodal the Cochlear processors are compatible with Resound hearing aids using one phone app to control both.

Good luck with your decision. You still have a few months to decide.

1 Like

Sadly this isn’t so for some countries. Here in Oz I still have to use 2 apps. I’ve been told it is coming soon, as my annual isn’t until August I’ve got a long wait.

3 Likes

When choosing a model, it’s important to consider your own needs, the level of support from the manufacturer and audiologist, and carefully review the features and functionality of each model to make an informed decision.

2 Likes

This is number one in my opinion.

For me the surgeon was the huge help with these questions.

2 Likes