Current sources for Roger Installer

I’m about to dip my feet in the world of used Roger equipment, and am wondering if anyone here has a Roger installer that they no longer require or perhaps are willing to loan?

There is one for sale on Ebay:

Yes, and there’s also someone selling a massive lot:

Which I guess makes me wonder, does anyone else want one? :slight_smile:

Unfortunately they’re listed as-is so not quite the steal that it would appear based on price alone.

If you’re trying to install licenses into newer hearing aids that don’t require external adapters or receivers, this probably isn’t the best way to go about doing that. For what the installer plus two Roger X receivers will cost you, you can buy a used iN version of a Roger something-or-other that has two licenses available to install.

2 Likes

Yes, of course a cheap Roger ON iN would be nice. If I find a great deal I’ll jump at the opportunity.

What I have now, and obtained for very little, is a pen and Roger X. Hence the interest in an Installer.

I may well end up investing in a new Roger ON 2, but the cost is extraordinary (even after the subsidies available here) so I decided to try using what was more readily available in the meantime.

I’ll probably have my P90s for a few more years so I aim to make the most of them. I am finding some scenarios at work challenging, and the Partner Mic helps but I am not satisfied.

Speaking of which, I asked an eBay seller today about the Roger Select iN he had listed: does this device come with two Roger Direct codes? At first, he said, oh well you’ll have to take it to an audiologist. I pushed and sent the Phonak instructions for checking the device to verify, since the two licenses are a substantial portion of the value of the listing… at which point he promptly replied that all the Roger devices he has on sale have no codes. Well, well.

Yeah, you should just assume it has no licenses unless stated otherwise. Maybe I’m naive, but I think a lot of people just don’t understand how it works. Their audiologist set it up for them, and they know it works, but don’t know anything more about what was involved in setting it up.

Many of the listings I’ve seen when poking around do appear to be sellers who deal in substantial quantities of hearing aid accessories on the secondary market and so benefit from being vague. Others are selling the possessions of family members, and some their own stuff. The real deals are from high volume “junk” merchants who honestly have no idea what they’ve got, to be sure.

2 Likes

I have Roger Select In with codes installed, as well as Roger installer, just bought it, and will use it once only. Please let me know if interested.

Why are you only using it once? Doesn’t the Select work for you?

What do you ask about, Installer or Select In? “Used it once” refers to the iNstaller

where did you get one for so cheap?

I have installer for sale, please let me know if interested.

do you still have it? What are you asking for it?

Yes, I have it. AU $240 + postage?