Current Audeo Paradise user. Should I buy Lumity or Roger On V2?

Hi all,

As most people here can probably relate, I have difficulty hearing in noisy situations. I am trying to work out if I should upgrade my Phonak Audeo Paradise P90 hearing aids to the Lumity platform OR purchase the Phonak Roger On IN V2 device.

What do you think?

1 Like

Very individual.

Do you currently have a Roger?

Have you tried different fitting formulas?
Speech in Noise is massive between different fitting formulas for me.

Can you trial them?

1 Like

I don’t have or have not used a Roger before. What are fitting formulas? My audiologist hasn’t mentioned anything like that before.

If I trial them, I have to pay fully up-front unfortunately. On another note, I know the Phonaks’ tend to release a new version every 2 years. Is there any roadmap or has anyone heard about what might be coming?

It’s hard to say what you should do.

I find my Phonak P70 extremely muted in terms of background noise but like you, others still struggle.

Link shows what the fitting formulas are.

Phonak have NAL 1 which I use as well as APD 2.0 and some others. There’s quite a few to choose from.

I have had my Phonak Audeo Paradise P90 aids for two years and became complacement that I could not participate in conversations in any laud restaurant settings. The purchas of the Roger On In ver 1 changed everything. They are expensive but for me, enabled me to resume participation with friends in noisy environments,

Really nice to hear. Thank you.

This is interesting stuff. I’ll have a chat with my audi.

I found the L90s to be a big improvement over the P90s in most respects, including speech in noise. (I now use the latter as backups.) I personally am not a fan of accessories because I never seem to have them when I need them, and they’re just another device to remember to keep charged. Good luck!

1 Like