Could I get some advice please, Audiogram uploaded. (musician)

Oticon spirit synergy I think they are from 2017, haven’t worn them since they put the silicon moulds on the end.

I had the thin tubes to start with, with domes etc, made a big difference, but they were forever getting blocked, or one would go quieter and I have a few sensory issues which doesn’t help, and trying to sort them out in work wasn’t ideal etc,
So I went back to the hospital and said, I don’t care what they look like, maybe it would be easier to keep them functioning better with the thicker tubes etc, they offered me a mould, so I took it, but ever since I have had it, it just constantly squeals and whistles, uncomfortably so etc.

It doesn’t help that I have very tiny ear canals, and one is at a funny angle apparently :slight_smile:

A few friends on my facebook have been given Signia Contrasts, but through a third party like Specsavers or express diagnostics, funded by the NHS etc, so maybe it will be those, I guess I’ll just have to wait and see :slight_smile:

That sucks :unamused:, I think I may just email them or phone them and try and find out which ones they give out, to help with my obsessive research :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your help :wink:

Ok audiology at the hospital got back to me, they are using GN Resound Ambio (Danalogic) exclusively now. Least I can do a bit of research. :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://danalogic.co.uk/hearing-devices/danalogic-ambio

BEmore is the app from memory, not sure if links are allowed on here, sorry if not, and thanks Zebra

1 Like

sorry to ask but do you know if there is a resound equivalent or is Danalogic totally its own thing, if you understand what I am trying to say lol . :slight_smile:

No worries, thanks for all the rest of your help though :slight_smile:

1 Like

From reading this thread and looking at your audiogram I would sure try to go with Phonak or maybe Oticon.
Is there a way to find a NHS supplier of these aids?

1 Like

Thanks buddy, I don’t think you can choose, I just think you have to accept what you are given etc, It’s not like I can moan about the price ha ha, but you have given me an idea to pursue :slight_smile: Thank you :slight_smile:

you to have to be over 55 to use an authorised NHS partner, I am 48 not an option unfortunately

Don’t know how tight finances are, but there are some Costcos in England and they offer pretty good value.

Finances are not great due to not being able to gig, I have been looking into Costco in the uk, although I have a day job I am also self employed due to the music side of things, whether they would accept me or not is a different matter, and whether they would be programmable by a local audiologist is another thing to take into consideration, they sell the model 9 versions over hear, I believe you are on lvl 10s etc.
Sorry I forgot the name of the brand. Maybe I should contact them and be honest and see what they say etc, nearest one is around 200 miles away.

Kirkland 9’s are £1200 for the pair which is very good value if they are any good :slight_smile:

They are very good hearing aids. (I have them) 200 miles is a long ways to go though.

1 Like

Thank you once again, I have just emailed Costco, although I have a full time day job, I am also self employed for the weekend work with the music, so I have asked if they would consider me an option for membership etc. Do you know if they are programmable by a local audiologist or locked memory?

:slight_smile:

It would be worth it for the saving, crazy price compared to what I have seen online etc, thanks again for trying to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Costco will happily take your money, no questions asked. They might have a credit card to get cash back as well. And the “executive” does cash back too.
Those aids are not locked. Talk to the fitter to see if they have a problem with that.
@MDB: was the tinnitus feature removed? Or just not enabled or performed? (without looking back :slight_smile: )

membership could be the sticking point for me though, whether or not they would allow it etc :-/

just had an email from them to say that I would qualify for trade membership, so definitely something to consider :slight_smile: thank you everyone x