Costco's custom molds for KS9 and 10 and Phonak models

Just scheduled an appointment for new molds for my KS9s. They are no longer dealing with Phonak for molds but they will order molds through another manufacturer.

3 Likes

I’ve had the Signature 10’s for just over two years using the rubber domes and they’ve worked well. I used domes with my previous Resounds for 5 years or so but started getting feedback so had custom molds done. These worked very well so I thought that I might get some improvement by going to custom molds with my Sig 10’s. I listen to streaming audio quite a bit and, from what I’ve read and experienced with the Resounds and switching to custom molds, I thought that might be a good thing to do with the Sig 10’s.

This didn’t work out well. The way the speakers fit in the mold was not what I was expecting. Much different than the molds on the Resounds which really fit in the ear canal. I got some feedback on the 10’s on the left ear and decided to go back to domes.

I drove 2 1/2 hours to my nearest Costco and converted back to rubber domes. Costco put more powerful speakers on the aids and the rubber molds and this works great. They refunded my $40.00 per ear cost of the custom molds and there was no charge for the new speakers (receivers) and I’m very pleased with the fit and performance of the new set up. I really like my “local” Costco. They do a great job. I imagine that each Costco gets their molds from various vendors and the ones the Billings, MT Costco is different from what many people might get.