COSTCO visa credit card still give extended warranty 2022

does anyone KNOW if you buy hearing aids now in 2022 with COSTCO citi-bank visa credit card -do you stil get the additional 2years warranty added to your warranthy thats included in the hearing aids ? ?

As far as I know. You can look up the credit card benefits online to be sure, but I haven’t received any notification that the benefit had changed. The way this works is that Costco will charge you and you submit a claim to the credit card benefit department and if approved, you are reimbursed. You need to supply proof of purchase and a statement from Costco of what the repair cost (or that they weren’t repairable and how much the replacement cost.

1 Like

I just called the benefits line. +1.866.918.4670
They said that you get two extra years on a purchase. Two extra year even if you buy an extended warranty. Up to 7 years, up to $10k. Other limitations apply, etc.

She said you can look at the benefits on cardbenefits.citi.com

Hope this helps

WH

1 Like

I went to the web site and poked around. Here you go!

WH

3 Likes

I’d be interested if someone can confirm the extra warranty for sure. I am getting Costco HA this weekend and got a Costco CC just for this purchase.

What do you mean, “For sure” ?? I called their benefits line. And I posted from their web site. Do you need to see the proof someone got paid on a claim first or something?

WH

Assuming you’re in the US, it’s about as sure as can be. They could always cancel the benefit, but I have no reason to believe they would. Understand that this is administered through the credit card company and can be a bit of a hassle.

I did see that you called, did you ask specifically about the HAs? I’m wondering if its different because its medical equipment. Doesn’t Costco give a 3 year warranty so this would extend it to 5? That would be great!

There are few exceptions. Vehicles, tires, and things not covered by an original warranty.

WH

1 Like

Ask at the HA department.I was told no when I bought mine. Not a make or break issue for me, but I did ask.

Fred F

The hearing aid department doesn’t have anything to do with it. The agreement is with the credit card company. My hearing aid department directed me to either look it up or call the credit card company.
How it works is that the hearing aid department will charge you for the repair or replacement and then you file a claim through the credit card company. If they approve, you get reimbursed.

1 Like

Absolutely correct. Your claim is through the credit card co against their insurer. You could buy your stuff anywhere to get the two extra years, it doesn’t have to be Costco. It just so happens we are discussing buying hearing aids at costco. The same link above has a link on the page to start a claim, if I remember correctly.

WH