Costco-Siemens-Rexton-Kirkland Signature

That’s another big advantage for people who travel, or move. Others dealing with an audiologist can usually get service on the road but often have to pay extra when it would be included if they were at home. Of course, Costco can be a lo-o-o-o-ng drive from many remote locations.

Hello. I am new to this forum and on a steep learning curve. This is my first hearing aid search. Good results from phonak IX trial, but price is very steep ($7,400 the pair). So I have been researching, and thank this forum for all the leads and interested people.

As far as my current comparisons go, it looks like the specs suggest that the latest model of Kirkland signatures are Siemens 701 Pure. It most closely matches the number of channels, RIC and look of the instrument in their adverts. The hearing technicians often are not too precise about information.

I will probably go for the Kirkland if I can confirm that they are the Pure 701, which their specs seem to match most closely. Any of the experts here have better information? I am ready to pounce when I have all the facts.

I also plan to get the programming equipment, but Siemens does not have the software on the internet any more. I hope they will send me a CD-ROM. Any info on this?

Many thanks for a good forum.

Aloha WCH & all interested,

I have been using a pair of the Costco Premium HA’s that were introduced the summer of 2010 since late July. Performance has been good, although one of them died a couple of weeks ago. Costco provided a loaner (demo) unit with my program in it until a new replacement arrived.

I had been using a set of Costco/Rexton Insite BTE before that but had some reliability problems with them in that they would sometimes change programs, or turn themselves off randomly. Costco took them back, put me in the new Premium HA’s and gave me some cash back as the new ones were cheaper than the old ones! Another case of technology getting cheaper as time goes on.

In scanning the web I came to the conclusion that the new Costco aids are very closely related to the Siemens Pure 701. I think that the Costco aids may not have the Sound Learning 2.0 function, but most of the other features seem to track, although the marketing words have been changed here and there. Looks like they have the Siemens “S” receiver, rated at 45 dB.

Plus points on the new aids compared to the Rexton Insite from my viewpoint are: much better feedback damping, smaller size, rechargeable batteries/charger.

Minus: in very low ambient noise situations (quiet room) I get some white noise (microphone noise) and am still working with the audi to reduce the gain to minimize it, but in doing so am not getting as much gain as I had before. Overall perception of the sound is pretty comparable and the white noise is usually not noticeable as normal there is enough background noises to cause the gain to be suppressed some anyway.

Keep us posted if you can find some software/adapting cables or whatever!

Chuck

You cannot compare prices of different models. You failed to mention the type of testing done…did your local audiologist provide speech mapping? does Costco? Shopping around and concentrating on prices is a poor way to approach hearing healthcare. You should look at service. Prices of hearing aids and dispensing fees are regulated by colleges and associations, so dont think you are getting a deal at Costco. You cannot compare a high end price that you were given to a mid level product and think you are getting a deal…you are misinforming the general public by stating that and this thread reads as if you got them half price at Costco. Any deal from a manufacturer is supposed to be given to all vendors of hearing aids.

1 Like

If your hearing healthcare provider had done their job, you should realize that hearing is highly personal…and that there is no one cookie cutter solution for everyone. Without knowing your hearing loss and talking to experts or people involved in the hearing industry, you cannot ask the general public for their feedback and recommendations. They are not equipped to offer you valid solutions to your hearing needs. There are hearing solutions at all technology levels and prices. You should have walked out of there educated with many different solutions for your hearing loss, and not have to ask the public, who no little of hearing aids, their opinion and recommendation.

I hope you’re not referring to the US. Prices for the same items can vary a great deal from dispenser to dispenser. It’s really more of a value analysis. Are you getting your money’s worth or is the dispenser just getting your money?

If you have the usual SN high frequency loss…mild to moderate (the majority), I think Costco and their brands certainly ought to be tried. The cost difference is too great to be ignored. The aids they sell are made by the leading mfg’s and are substantially identical to the big name brands.

Don’t let anyone scare you…Costco is reputable and gives you 100% money back if dissatisfied.

More serious losses probably will do better with an ENT and then an Audiologist. Just my opinion, Ed

I have had my new hearing aids(Rexton Cobalt 16) for 10 months now - they are a great improvement over my previous pair. I was in Costco a few days ago browsing at the hearing aid centre and they cleaned my hearing aids and replaced both receivers with upgraded ones and new improved domes. They work way better. All free…

I have had my Cobalts 16 for over a year. Why did they give you new receivers? Perhaps I need new receivers also.

Not sure why they replaced them - but they are an improvement. Ask for the ones that thedomes clip on to.

If you are still under the warranty period that Costco offers for 3 years on the Colbalts 16 I would suggest you bring it in to change to the new style receivers. They changed the receivers because it was due to domes having poor retention. So they changed it to the click domes. Not an ideal feature if you have poor dexterity in your fingers because it does require a bit of strength without the tool included with the package of the new style domes.

1 Like

Costco is our goto place for almost everything we buy. Yet I had no idea that they are the biggest dispenser of hearing aides in the USA. The price I paid for the Rexton Trax42 was about one-third of the quotes I received from other companies. I didn’t believe it. But it’s true.

1 Like

i had bernafons for over 3 years, constantly repaired, I have now Kirkland 7 which is semens , I could not be happier , so far the best hearing aids I had (ha user 15 years )

Joanne not everyone can afford 7 thousand for a pair of HA, I can not not having any insurance so Costco is an answer for me

Those two users haven’t been around since before a system change over a couple years ago now.

1 Like

I am looking at topic about Kirkland 8 but so far nothing Do you know anything about Kirkland 8?

The link should take you to a thread that will give you tons of info on Kirkland KS8
https://forum.hearingtracker.com/t/costco-kirkland-signature-8-0-product-information/34162

1 Like

The KS8 is essentially the same HA as the Signia 7Nx, but without the tinnitus masking. Here is a good feature sheet I was given a link to on the 7Nx. Costco is due to release the KS9 in late summer or fall this year if they stay to their release schedule.

1 Like

That’s good news :slight_smile: will wait for the thread about new ones

No guarantee that Costco will stay with Siemens/Rexton/Signia for the Kirkland Signature. In fact it looks more like they may go to Resound.

1 Like