Costco - seemingly a poor option for severe to profound loss

Rexton has a new BiCore BTE available at Costco as of this week

3 Likes

Have you got a link, I’d like to see which Signia models they will be offering, thanks

from my experience 4 khz is enough to understand speech. My CI can do 8khz while my. hearing aid ear can do 4 khz. 8 khz give more detailed speech, hearing aid sound like you are talking through a door, clearly intelligible but you lose some of the high freq information

The Rexton BTE HP aids are there. I found it through the Costco Hearing center website.
Once there select Rexton.

2 Likes

I bought Phonak in the ear hearing aids 3 years ago. My current audiologist told me that they can last 7 years. The repairs costs most likely will be less than buying new aids. I have severe to profound in one ear and moderate to severe in the other. I have not tired Costco so can’t say how I would like them but I have changed audiologists and found that this helped a lot.

Hi, I am new to this hearing tracker, but because there is some discussions on severe loss, I thought i would give my thinking on this matter.

I wear signia AX hearing aids with a high power receiver, they program up to 132 db which is quite powerful, but you also have good speech recognition with the ability to reduce other sounds as the AX stand additional feachers

i am getting them, my previous is also Rexton, The audio did not recommend the Phillips 9040 due small sound .