Costco Rexton vs Bernafon

New to the forum and to the need for HA, although my hearing has been deteriorating for quite some time. Prior topics including information on Costco have been informative but models discussed seem to be old by one or two years.

I tried out two HAs during my visit to Costco, the Rexton Bridge 12 ($1800pr) and the Bernafon Verite ($2600pr). She was pointing me toward the Verite but thought the Bridge 12 would also be appropriate. I walked around the store for about 10-15 minutes with each set. BOTH provided far more clarity than I have gotten accustomed to with my deteriorating hearing. The improvement with both sets was so dramatic, I really couldn’t discern a tangible difference between the two models. I am cheap but can afford either set. My concern is why would I pay an extra $800 if the cheaper set will do the trick? The next question is will I be unhappy with the cheaper pair in a year? I’m thinking of going back to Costco to see if they’d agree to allow me to demo each for a couple of weeks to see if I can discern a difference and buy the ones I’m happiest with.

I’m so new to this that I wonder what I’m missing. Any advice on the specific HAs I’m looking at, my approach to the situation, things I’m obviously overlooking, would be much appreciated.

PS- my hearing drops like a stone from 1000hz, settling in the 50-60db range at 1500hz thru 8000hz

they’re both good hearing aids… however the verite has a lot of supporters around the place, especially for high frequency losses like yours…I’m a fan of the channel free technology. Also if you want the bluetooth option verites are great!
Rexton are essentially the same as siemens but usually cheaper - so you can’t go wrong…