Costco ReSound Preza not what they are advertised to be

With regards to your hearing aids, it gives you the ability to stream sound directly from your phone to your hearing aids. So you can stream phone calls from the iPhone and you can stream the audio from Youtube videos, etc. If you watch TV shows ON your phone, you could stream those. Won’t have any impact on your television. It will also give you an app that will give you some control over your hearing aids. Since I don’t know what your old phone was, I don’t know if you had that before.

I do not have issues with the cell phone. Can actually hear better with the cell than my land line phone because the speaker is on the outer edge of the Samsung J7. Looks like all I really need is the TV streamer.
Using BeMore ReSound phone app t control Preza hearing aids.

If hearing the phone is not an issue, agreed. TV Streamer is what you need. You should be able to plug it into computer also

One advantage of using an iPhone over an Android phone is that just the use of the smartphone app with your HA’s (in my case, rechargeable ReSound Quattro 961’s) is a LOT snappier with the iPhone 6S (2015 vintage) vs. a supposedly newer, more powerful Galaxy Note 8 (2017 vintage). When I noted my switch to iPhone and made these same remarks to my audi, who services a number of different HA brands and has to pair the HA’s to the phone for most customers, etc., she agreed that for MFi HA’s, because hearing devices are so deeply built into the iPhone iOS, that yes, smartphone app performance just interfacing with your HA’s is a lot better with the iPhone than Android. I haven’t tried an Android ASHA-capable device yet to see if that chances the equation but I don’t believe that you find HA volume, treble/base, phone call and audio media routing, device handoff, etc. built-in as deeply to the phone OS in Android the way that you do in iOS. Perhaps I’m just too used to Windows Phone and Android but sometimes I do find the logic of what’s where in iOS a bit confusing. Such as turning vibrations off or on as part of Notifications. My (increasingly dim) recollection of Android and Windows Phone was that there was very granular, per app ability to control phone vibration with a notification. Whereas with iOS, only phone calls and texting have individual vibration control. Everything else, it’s all or none for all other apps. And the Settings control for vibration is under Accessibility, Touch! If you’re not a hearing aid user, you might never think of looking there!

Turning off vibration can be important. I left my iPhone sitting on top of a flying yoke for MS Flight Simulator 2020, forgot an alarm was set, was outside raking leaves. My wife caught the iPhone just in the nick of time as it was about to vibrate itself off the top of the flying yoke and fall about 3 feet onto a hard ceramic tile floor. I’d never been able to figure out how to turn off vibration for notifications for any apps 'til then but that sure motivated me!!! - and even more amazing, I think that I read before 2013 one could NOT turn off vibration at all during notifications for any app!!! (I guess Steve Jobs thought vibrating during notification is pretty important?!).

If you have trouble with the high frequencies, you could ask them if they can turn ‘sound shaper’ on in your Preza hearing aids

https://pro.resound.com/en-us/research/features-explained/sound-shaper

Generally with the newer hearing aids there’s also an equaliser in the app on the phone - if you go to the app, hit ‘sound enhancer’ and try turning up the treble, does this make a difference? If it does, you can save it as a custom setting on the app.

If the TV isn’t clear, I also second trying the TV streamer.

Finally got my hearing test results. Where in my profile do I put them?

On top of the menu click Forum–>My hearing Test and enter manually

2 Likes