Costco rebates applied toward hearing aids

Hello all. I finally got tired of wondering why people don’t talk properly and got my hearing tested at Costco. I wasn’t surprised to find out I could use hearing aids. I realize this is a life long journey that I will be starting shortly.

Anyway I wanted to mention that I discovered I could apply my Costco Executive membership reward rebate as well the Costco credit card rebate toward the price of the hearing aids. I ended up ordering the KS8 hearing aids for a little over $1,100 after the rebate checks were deducted. This was in the United States (in case Costco has different policies outside of the US).

I wasn’t sure whether the Costco rebates could be applied toward hearing aids. I have not seen this mentioned before. I am pleased to report that they were applied with no issues. They just scanned the codes on the rebate “checks” without any issues.

I will get them in a couple weeks. As I understand, the KS8 are considered fairly high end hearing aids and paying around $1,100 out the door for both is fairly cheap for high end hearing aids.

4 Likes

I thought you can easily cash out Costco rebate checks now. So it’s actually better to cash it out and
make use of the Costco credit card on your hearing aids so you can get a 2% rebate credit for that amount.

For example if your rebate check is $500, cash it out then pay for your hearing aids with your Costco credit card so you can get 2% or $10 rebate on the $500 that you would have missed out had you have applied that rebate check toward your heating aids payment.

Hello @Volusiano. I hadn’t thought about the impact on the credit card rebate. I wasn’t sure the various Costco rebates would work for the hearing aids. I do not remember seeing this mentioned. I know now they work with the hearing aid purchase.

Lawrence
Could you crunch the numbers for me ,I don’t have a Executive membership,but when I looked it indicated it was only a 2% discount.
Thanks

If you don’t have the executive and are buying hearing aids, it makes sense to get one. 2% on a $2500 aid is $50 – you’re half way there with the KS8’s $30 – either should let you accumulate a profit for the year quite easily.

One thing I’ve learned living on Hilton Head which is heavily retired people like me. Don’t make an offer to save money to us seniors. Doesn’t matter how many hurdles we need to clear. We’ve got the time and the inclination. I know people who are worth a fortune and they wouldn’t consider going to dinner without a BOGO.

I got my Executive membership a few days after I’d bought my KS6’s. I told the hearing aide center about missing out on the 2% and the HA Mgr went to bat for me and got me the 2% retroactive. Needless to say that that manager became a friend as well as a great service provider!