Costco Phonak Brio (Product Information)

How much does the Brio cost? More specifically, the R (receiver-in-canal)? The Phonak Audeo Q90 Receiver in Canal costs over $6000 for a pair, I believe.

Are there different powered RIC receivers available, eg. Power xReceiver?

The Brio RIC and BTE are $1299 each; the ITE is $1399 each. Three RIC receivers (xS, xP, xSP) are available.

The Brio R uses the same receivers as the Naída RIC. The main difference would be the smaller battery size. Brio is size 10 or 312, depending on which model you get, versus the Naída’s size 13.

Right. But the 13 of the Naida offers a bit more power. The Brio R is basically just an Audeo. I can wear an Audeo–I almost got some a month and a half ago–but there would hardly be any residual gain if I did. That’s why my audiologist suggested the Naida RIC, which is what I wear now.

$2600 for a pair??? Wow! It’s using the highest end Phonak chip right? Q90, not Q50, etc.?
I assume the price for the Phonak Audeo Q90 RIC is about $6000 or more. Anyone know for sure?

All Phonak Quest products use the same chip, but some features are turned off in the lower tiers. The Brio is very similar to the Q90. The price for the Q90 will vary depending on your dispenser’s markup and whether you negotiate.

Thank you!

I did the in store demo today on a set of R-312Ts. It was no joy for me, however.

When the HIS pulled up the initial Phonak chart on his computer, (I guess integrated with my audio file from my K5 programming), he indicated the Phonak’s feedback control would not be sufficient in my case. (Or words to that effect - I was not able to hear clearly at the time).

We proceeded with the programming anyway. When finally setup with the 312Ts, it was more like wearing earplugs instead of aids. I’m very much not understanding what was going on.

Phonak feedback control should not be an issue with your loss; depending of course on whether you have the correct xreceiver power. (standard, power, superpower).

I have a hunch this fitter perhaps isn’t the best one??? Maybe he’s new to Phonaks (well, they haven’t been in costco before). But I am wary about his feedback control remarks.

I’m fairly certain he used the Superpower receivers. (Based on his comments as he was checking specs against what gear was available.) Was that not the best choice?

Well, if he used SuperPower receivers, those wouldn’t cause feedback issues if fitted correctly! I have Power receivers with my Phonak Audeo RIC’s (older generation) and have less low frequency loss but some more very high frequency loss. At any rate, feedback control shouldn’t be an issue with your loss and with superpower receivers. I’m shocked that that was mentioned. Phonak does a great job with handling feedback. I think your fitter isn’t familiar with Phonak. Perhaps try another one?

He couldn’t have used the SuperPower receiver. It’s only available in a custom encased shell, so he has to take an earmold impression and then send it to the factory. The Standard and Power receivers are the only ones that can be used with domes.

Greetings-
I’m new on this forum. I’m specifically looking at the Phonak Brio BTE model P-UP. Are you saying that the Brio P-UP has all these features you’ve listed?

(Features: Speech in Wind, auto StereoZoom, StereoZoom, auto ZoomControl, ZoomControl, DuoPhone, UltraZoom Premium, SNR-Boost, FlexControl, FlexVolume, SoundRecover, Real Ear Sound, SoundFlow (5), 20 channels, WhistleBlock, NoiseBlock, WindBlock, SoundRelax, QuickSync, 5 manual programs, 5 streaming programs, User Preference Learning, User Preference Tuning, auto Acclimatization)

According to Costco’s consumer brochure they’ve listed only 9 of the Q90’s features: Speech in Wind, auto StereoZoom, SoundRelax, DuoPhone, SoundRecover, UltraZoom, WhistleBlock, NoiseBlock, and something called Binaural VoiceStream. I counted the number of features on Phonak’s Q90 brochure it listed about 29 different features. I understand can’t compare apples to apples but I am curious how closely the features line up and don’t line up.

I’m am unable to read or even print the attached thumbnails. Is there a way you can resend a clearer version?
thanks for all you do!
Carrie

The Brio P-UP is nearly identical to the Naída Q90-UP. The only features missing are EchoBlock and CROS compatibility.

I ordered a pair of Brio’s from Costco today. They should be in on the 23rd of this month (hold up is sending off to have my molds made). I had a 4 year old pair of Phonak Exelia Micro btes, of which I lost one of the pair about two weeks ago. For $3000, including the accessories, I am getting a pair of the Brio P hearing aids. It is exactly half the cost of the Exelia’s I purchased through the audiologist’s office connected with my ENT doctor. I’ll wear them for about a month and report back as to my experience with them.

— Updated —

I ordered a pair of Brio’s from Costco today. They should be in on the 23rd of this month (hold up is sending off to have my molds made). I had a 4 year old pair of Phonak Exelia Micro btes, of which I lost one of the pair about two weeks ago. For $3000, including the accessories, I am getting a pair of the Brio P-UP hearing aids. It is exactly half the cost of the Exelia’s I purchased through the audiologist’s office connected with my ENT doctor. I’ll wear them for about a month and report back as to my experience with them.

what accessories did you get? does costco sell the accessories as well? I asked the audi at the costco how to increase/decrease the volume and she said you can’t do it, I’d have to bring it back to get it adjusted. Isn’t there a remote called the pilotone? Odd that she did not mention this to me.

On the RIC model, the buttons can be programmed so that the left side decreases volume, and the right side increases it. And yes, there is a PilotOne remote control available.

She mentioned that I would need 2 HA’s to control the volume, I would only be getting one. Question is: can’t you just use a remote for the Phonak Brio even if it is just for one HA?

If you have one unit, you can still have volume control, but only in one direction. You can choose to have the button set for volume up or volume down. After 5 clicks of the button, the volume will roll over to the original level. And yes, you can use the PilotOne even with one hearing aid. But carrying around the remote control may not be convenient. Perhaps you want to consider a RIC that has two buttons, like the KS5 or Rexton Quintra.

I got the microphone and and the compilot.