Costco Phonak Brio 3 RC - Not Impressed

You have a 181 day return option at Costco. So, no need to panic. Might want to take Dannystroup’s suggestion and try the Resounds. Different strokes for different folks. Phonaks have been great for me, but they may not be the best choice for you.

Unlike our American friends, we in Canada only have a 90 day trial with Costco.

That sounds very much like my experience. The automatic program is supposed to adapt to the environment. Maybe I need an adjustment, but I found that they overcompensated for my left side, which has very poor hearing. I’d much prefer something stable that I can tweak as required.

Yes, the Autosense thing just goes nuts when there is a lot going on in the environment. Say there is loud air handling equipment around, and people carrying on a conversation. When someone speaks it lowers the background and focuses on the speech. Then there is a pause and it raises the background. Then person 2 speaks and in 10 seconds it has made 6 changes, and it is obvious these changes are taking place.

I don’t care. When I can sit at a table with 5 other people, in a loud restaurant, and the normal hearing people are straining, and I catch every word? It can do it however it wants to, and I will just keep smiling. No previous generation hearing aids have been able to do this for me.

Maybe all current generation HAs can do this, but I’m probably not going to find out, unless things suddenly go bad.

1 Like

whats Smart mic? I have K8 hearing aids and would like to have ph calls streamed directly to my aids also to be able to listen to some teaching apps like while out walking. I there anything for that?
Thanks
Blanche

Talk to your Costco fitter. If you don’t have an iphone then an extra intermediate device is your only choice.

Thanks for sharing. What’s new version for it?

WOW. I bought it and it is not good at all