Costco Phonak Brio 3 (Product Information)

You need the ComPilot. Are you using the ComPilot?

No I’m not, the fitter at Costco said nothing about needing the ComPilot. Is the ComPilot something you wear or carry with you?

Depends on which version of the Brio 3s he has. If the one’s based on the Audeo B Direct, he shouldn’t need an intermediary device and it should be hands free as it uses one of the hearing aid microphones.

Ah hadn’t realised there was a Direct version.

Give me a “C” for connectivity. Gimme a “T” for Tennessee.

Brio 3 problem solved, it was a Wi-Fi problem that cause the iPhone to mess up.

1 Like

When a call is made with the iPhone Xs the called party can not hear you.

What about flip top phones?

If the phone has Bluetooth (it probably does) you could use it hands free with a Phonak Compilot 2 device. The new Phonak Marvel connects to Bluetooth phones directly, without a device.

Thank you Don for your reply,but what I was asking is that everything seem to be about hearing aids and these smart phone connection with them,I only have a flip top and very happy with it ha so my question was, can I use any of the hearing aids without having to go out and buy a $400 or $500?

If you don’t want to use the phone as your hearing aid remote control, then no, no need for a new phone. You can use any new hearing aid without a smartphone.

But, streaming phone calls to the hearing aids does have benefits. People are easier to understand when the call is transmitted to both ears and environmental sounds are temporarily reduced.

Phonak use standard Bluetooth 4 connection when they connect to phones. The Costco versions only connect to one ear for phone calls only. The newer Phonak Marvels can stream to both ears for calls and music but are not available at Costco. They are not made for iPhone aids and do not have the added features - eg. Find my HAs. They also have some issues when used with some iPhones and other Apple devices because they are not recognized as hearing aids but are just another standard Bluetooth device. Flip phones are just a form factor not a “type” of phone. If your phone has standard Bluetooth it should be able to connect. The audiologist or HIS should be able to help set that up and ensure it is working.

Thank you for your feed back,my flip top phone is really all I need,it has served me well for years ha I have my lap top for my computer work,so I don’t have any use for a iphone and I don’t have a need to be checking it every few mintues like most people do.

My husband gets his hearing aids from VA and his give him less probs then my Brio3 fron Costco. VA’s supposely carry top of the line. His are Widex.

Just looked at Costco website and it looks like Brio 3 is available in BTE, Power BTE and ITE?
Has anybody confirmed this? Anybody heard anything about a possible Brio 4?

It sounds to me like the Brio 3 BTE, Power BTE and ITE are equivalent to the current B90 BTE and Nadia B, and Virto B90, where as the Brio 4 is actually the next generation - which is only available so far in the Marvel M90 and Marvel BTE - but no power versions of the BTE, or the custom versions.

I reckon Brio 4 would not be available for at least a couple of years.

Just putting a business hat on for a minute, It is incredible that in this straw poll at least, Costco have such a significant share. This is a clue for how they are able to sell good tech at such a discount.
The sample (forum members) will obviously skew the results a little and might explain the minimal numbers for the DTC devices. That is likely to be the next change
I would be curious to see how many of us buy only from an Audi/HA fitter vs those who buy online (Zip Hearing and Fit Hearing etc)

I have been looking for IICs to replace the Lyrics which I loved but could not continue with for various reasons.

I went to my local Costco to enquire about their Phonak Brio 3 IICs which looked like they might offer some of the advantages of the Lyrics without the alarming cost and frequent visits to the Audi. I decided to proceed (That Costco trial period makes me adventurous!), I had moulds taken of my ear canals and am now awaiting fitting.
I have used Costco since 2015 and the KS5s and been happy with the tradeoff between price, expertise and having healthcare practiced in a booth beside the cat litter and gallon-sized mouthwash bottles…
However, this time, in my local Costco, everything looked messy. Physically the paperwork was all over the place, there was a note stuck on a little baggie pinned up on the wall behind my fitter which was asking if anyone knew whose aids where in it. When I asked about IICs the fitter was not familiar with the Brio range or the difference between CIC and IIC.
When it came to ordering via his PC, the fitter was about to order the Phonak Brio 2 IICs and I stopped him and asked him what the difference was from the Brio 3 IIC advertised on the website… He phoned HQ and was told to re-order using a different menu. All the staff looked harassed and unsupported. My fitter said the practice hadn’t been the same since Costco started advertising their Hearing Center service last year. They had 40% more patients with no increase in staff or fitting space.
If I get these aids I will be pleasantly surprised if there are no errors.
But does anyone have experience of the Phonak Brio 3 IICs and their features? No-one at my Costco seemed to know.