Costco Phillips 9050.. App keeps losing connection

I didn’t realise that and it’s disappointing, but I believe if you have the Audioclip that it can be paired with other devices.
The TP Link UB500 V2 USB nano dongle is sold as Bluetooth 5.3, is very cheap and potentially might solve the problem but there are very complicated discussions going on on their forum with early adopters having compatibility problems of different kinds.

It’s Bluetooth 5.3. No mention of LE Audio, so still Bluetooth Classic Audio. Won’t do anything for the Philips. Sure, the Audioclip might do what you want if you don’t mind the extra device.

How could they have made Bluetooth LE Audio so confusing? I’m normally fairly tech savvy but this one has my head in a spin! :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I am having doubts now, thinking Spheres may be the way to go, more so for the excellent reviews and simplicity of the bluetooth. Not really interested in the connect clip, so it would probably mean a new phone, that would be another £500 or £600 on top of what I have so far paid. Getting closer but still a way to go to Wholesale Hearings price for the Sphere’s £2500.

I’m having similar thoughts. I’m attracted to the Philips because of the price obviously but also because I have heard good reports about their ability to handle music. I reckon that Phonak will quite soon bring out an HA which integrates the 2 processors in the Infinio with better power handling. As a glasses wearer (who isn’t?) I’m put off by the size of the Infinios too.

Why would you need a new phone for the Philips? They will apparently pair to iPhones and Androids no? Do you self program? If not, with Wholesale Hearing you are really stuck with the Target software’s generic fitting profile for your audiogram. Having said that, that’s pretty much all you get at Costco anyway.

The main reason I would require a new phone is for hands free calls as my current phone is not LE compatible. I have backtracked on my decision regarding the audio clip, and prepared to give it a try. Did you go for the tv streamer or clip? No I don’t self program.

I went for the clip without even realising that it was needed to connect to my PC.
Their website says the bare hearing aids are compatible with my iPhone 11 for two way communication (£200 on Amazon). Pixel 7 similar price.

(post deleted by author)

My Android phone requires the clip. If I decide to keep the 9050’s I may look at a change of phone but not into the latest and greatest Samsung or iPhone, probably a older model like the ones you mentioned.

I’m not unduly bothered about needing the clip. If I can be paired to more than two devices I will be pleased and that will compensate for having to have the clip. I read somewhere they connect with the closest paired device and that might not always be so great.

https://www.connevans.co.uk/product/41460505/3L194850/Philips-HearLink-Hearing-Aid-AudioClip-Bluetooth-Link-and-Wireless-Microphone I feel a little happier, not all doom and gloom. Lol

Are you sure the Moto Edge will work with the 9050 the way you want it to work? Philips seems to say their aids need the clip to work with a Moto Edge.

==> Philips seems to say their aids need the clip to work with a Moto Edge.

Well, my ears -while using the 9050s - tell me the Moto Edge (2024) will stream music to the 9050s. Once I port a phone number in, I’ll know what the device will do with on a phone call: two way -or- only streaming audio IN.

I find it disappointing that the cell phone manufacturers don’t incorporate the same programming and Bluetooth circuitry into their phones as Phillips, and the two dozen other HA manufacturers put into the “clips”. In the Corporate world, you just need to follow the money to see the rational behind the actions. My guess is that it’s either a side-agreement they all have with one another, or the HA companies are charging Samsung/Sony/Motorola/OnePlus/RedMi/etc./etc outrageous fees to use the circuitry/software/technology.
?? Gentleman’s Agreement or Dollars, or, what would you guess?

Edit: Apple gets a royalty from any one who uses their MFi technology (It’s apparently Hardware+Software) to connect to an Apple product. https://mfi.apple.com/en/faqs Per other sources, these royalties are a significant revenue generator for Apple.