Costco Philips vs Oticon More

Hello. I’ve been a long time Oticon user, but due to the cost, I decided to try out Costcos Philips 9040. Today is my first day, and so far I’m very disappointed. The sound is unclear, actually somewhat static like. I don’t want to give up so quickly. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe the programming is off? Is this a common issue with Philips?

2 Likes

Yes, the program is off. All these hearing aids have a multitude of adjustments that can be made.

Just take notes and bring them in for your hearing aid adjustment appointment.

Note, don’t just get locked in to one brand. If Costco can’t get the Philips adjusted to your satisfaction, try one of their other bands. You can even try a different fitter since not all fitters have an equal ability.

An example of the types of adjustment that can be made.

Here’s a link to to the Starky troubleshooting guide. You will see their recommendation for cracking.

3 Likes

I’ve heard from Oticon users who tried the Philips found them not too far off in terms of sound quality. I strongly suspect it’s just an initial setup issue with your 9040 to start out with. Hopefully the Costco HCP can figure out the right adjustment for you.

4 Likes