Costco Philips HearLink 9050 fitted using the new Act (Audible Contrast Threshold) Software

I’ll be darned. Mine is basically seamless, whatever device is closest to me automatically connects, which is the way I want it. I have had problems, infrequently, with the HA not connecting to my desired device. I’m using streaming multiple times a day, typically. And maybe once a month or so I can’t get a connection at all. When this happens I have to go to Accessibility and rattle the pipes and hit things with a hammer, lol, in order to get connected. What I’m saying is that when they won’t connect I just have to fiddle because I can’t find a single method that works. Rarely I will have to re-pair everything - this has happened only a couple of times in the time that I’ve had the 9040, which is well over a year now.

I use ACT on regular basis. It’s currently on the Affinity compact , MedRX , and GSI (dont recall the model). It is not an expensive product.

It can be used to fit Demand hearing aids, In the case of oticon - it changes the more sound intelligence.
Usually high scores might require remote mics.

It does work. I dont see it going anywhere, if Sonova or WS audiology implement it.

I just peaked the Hearsuite, higher ACT values yield more noise reduction
and speech clarifier.

Had my Costco appointment today with a new hearing test, some change in my right ear hearing. The audiologist adjusted my KS10’s to suit, fitted new domes etc. After that, an instore trial of the Philips 9050, quite a lot of backround noise going on, although as she was talking to me I could hear every word clearly. So i have a pair on order, included in the price of £1348, or US$1750 are, both the travel charger and TV streamer. Return period in the UK is only 90 days. I will be on a cruise ship in Asia for 21 days during that period, so they will be well tested. Sorry I forgot to enquire about ACT, but will do so at my fitting. Further posts to come.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to hear how the 9050’s work for you. I also currently have KS’10 and trouble hearing in noisy environments like restaurants, etc. When there is loud music, like a wedding, I just sit there like a bump on log since I can’t hear a thing.

I got exactly the same as you but my return period is 180 days as stipulated on the Purchase Agreement. Surely it can’t be different in Scotland.

(post deleted by author)

Hi Pete, Is that stated on your sales voucher under “electronics return policy information” or do you have any special membership? Scotland should be no different to England.