Costco News: KS10 discontinued

Saw that Dr Cliff posted on this. He said with all of the complaints he was aware of, that it was surprising that Costco waited so long to pull them.
A year ago more than one Costco audi told me the KS10’s were the most unreliable aid with the highest return rate that Costco ever sold. Guess they were right

2 Likes

So my take is that they are private label versions of my hearing aids…Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s…

I’m getting nervous because I think they should perform the same. Why isn’t anyone saying the same about the P90’s?

DaveL
Toronto

Where is the problem ???
The KS-10 has the same parts as the Phonak Paradise. there are only some minor differences. Why did the problem appear with COSTCO hearing aids and not with Phonak, Unitron, etc.

4 Likes

I’m in purgatory. A couple of weeks ago I got tested at Costco and paid up front for a pair of KS10s. then I saw this thread. I called Costco to find out where I stood and haven’t heard back yet. My appointment for pickup and fitting is just over a week away.

When I called I asked what the specific problem was, and was told it was the charger. Does anyone know if a Phonak charger that I might find on eBay would work with the KS10s?

3 Likes

I don’t know.

I have 2 Phonak P90R’s and posted above…my P90’s are a careful fit into the charger I have. If your shells are the same, they’ll fit. If they’re not, they won’t.

You have a guarantee and can return your HA’s! You can get your money back.

DaveL
Toronto

Likely because there really isn’t a problem.

2 Likes

I’ve bought several different Phonak chargers to use with KS10s and they all work fine. Never had a problem.

2 Likes

Any indication whether the charging problem is in the charger or in the aid? My RH KS10 went back once with a charging problem when I was still using the Kirkland charger, but since then I bought the Phonak Charge and Care (gentle heating and UV-C sterilization) and have experienced no more problems.

2 Likes

Hmmm, I doubt Costco pulled them for no reason. Costco sells this aid at cost or for a loss. They don’t have time or want the expense of an aid with high return issues as Dr Cliff mentioned.

1 Like

Source for claim that Costco sells the aid for cost or for a loss? I’m sure Costco had reasons for pulling the aid, but I’ve heard nothing that makes me think it has more problems than other aids. My guess (and it’s only a guess) is that they pulled them because they anticipate a KS11 coming out soon and they want to reduce returns of recently sold KS10s, but only Costco upper management knows and according to a report I read from Hearing Tracker, they’re not talking. From what I’ve gotten from Costco staff, they’re told nothing of what’s happening, so I’d take other comments we’ve heard as conjecture.

1 Like

Is there any possibility of Grade A and Grade B HA??

Perhaps you’re discounting my visit to my local Costco from which I reported back that the person that I spoke to said they’d had more trouble with the KS10s than any other of the aids they were currently selling (that was his reply to me asking if they’d had trouble with the Jabras or the Prezas). Since you thumbs upped that post, presumably you read it.

My conversation at Costco was ~2 weeks ago, before anyone on the forum reported that the KS10s were pulled.

2 Likes

I don’t discount their personal experiences, but I question if they have any insight into why Costco management does things. I also suspect one individual’s impression of reliability may different from others. All hearing aids have problems.

1 Like

Whatever is going on, the KS10s have not been removed from the relevant Costco web page as of right now (10/6/22 11:33 PM CDT USA). So that would discount MDB’s theory that if they’re unavailable right now that Costco is clearing the shelves for the KS11. I would think that it would indicate that for whatever reason that there might be supply issue right now, that Costco plans on continuing to offer the KS10s on into the near future.

Kirkland Signature™ Hearing Aid | Costco

I checked when this first came up and the KS10 was no longer on the site. I clicked your link and see it, but when I go to Costco.com and click through to hearing aid centers the KS10 is still no longer showing for me.

Go to https://www.costco.com/hearing-aid-center.html and tell us what to see.

@jay_man2, my conclusion is now that Costco needs a new webmaster. It’s true if you go to the page that you provided a link, here’s all you see:

Source: https://www.costco.com/hearing-aid-center.html

However, if you follow the FAQ link on that page, here’s what you see:

Source: https://www.costco.com/hearing-aid-faqs.html

And up along much of the left side of the page is a prominent prompt “Be sure to ask about our Kirkland Signature 10 hearing aids,” along with a prominent picture of them displayed.

BUT, if you employ the Costco search engine to search on Kirkland Signature Hearing Aids, nothing comes up. So that’s curious, too. (Kirkland Signature Sleep Aids comes up, though).

SEARCH:

RESULT:

Edit_Update: Searching on “Jabra Hearing Aids” or “Rexton Hearing Aids” brings up NOT ABLE TO FIND A MATCH, too. So, the Hearing Aid Center must be ~a separate entity and not indexed by the main warehouse search engine. And then there’s the famous Costco dichotomy between what’s in a store vs. what Costco offers via the web, which always irks me. You can’t really find out, IIRC, what’s in your local store without visiting it.

1 Like

Just sloppy removal of the KS10, but it’s clear to me the intent was to remove reference to them, if only temporarily.

1 Like

can you clarify the question for me?
What exactly do you mean?

Grade A is better quality and sold under the main brand. Grade B - second grade with a minor problem. sold cheaper rather than discarding it.

1 Like

@dankailo: These are hearing aids/medical devices, and not eggs or tomatoes!

5 Likes