Costco News: KS10 discontinued

Regarding needing hearing aids at work for safety: If explained to your audiologist, they may very well be able to provide a loaner while your hearing aids are being serviced. Another possibility might be an alternative work assignment.

Might have even been the charger.

Jordan

1 Like

From reading all the posts here … it appears that is what it is.

2 Likes

No. I’m old. They’d just kick me to the curb . No alternative work assignment, though I appreciate your suggestion.

My audiologist is incredible. About 4 months ago he took my old hearing aids and reprogrammed them. He provided me with batteries, and wax guards too. But he’s changed all my settings since. When we finally get my P90’s right I’ll ask if he can reprogram my old HA/s again. Phonak is here in town. Maybe he could find loaner P90’s and program them…

DaveL
Toronto

my audi provides loaners while my aids are in the shop. Ask! i bet yours does too.

3 Likes

Thanks Jeffrey.

I’ve had 2 concerns during the almost 20 years I’ve used hearing aids.

1. Is there insurance against loss or damage I should be buying?
  2. How will I hear if I have to send my HA’s back?

Thanks for your response.

DaveL
Toronto

1. It depends largely on where one buys one’s hearing aids. I believe Costco includes a 3 year loss and damage policy. This is something to clarify when one purchases. If you’ve already bought, clarify asap so you are not surprised.
  2. a)If you’re having problems with your hearing aids and your provider can’t fix it. b) For a lot of providers, near the end of the 3 year warranty it is wise to send them back for “refurbishment.” Usually you just get new aids. You need to remember to do this on your own. I am unaware of any recalls of hearing aids so I doubt anybody is going to contact you about sending hearing aids back.
2 Likes

Thanks MDB. I have Phonak P90’s that are just over a year old. My audiologist has been very helpful. Yet I’ve been so concerned taking masks off that I’ll lose a hearing aid or two. Masks are seldom seen now; but in some environments I feel the need to wear them. I’ve had a few close calls.

1 Like

When I wear a mask with my aids I need to check my aid placement every time I put my mask on or take it off.

3 Likes

MDB I do that too…

It’s like treatment for sleep apnea. I used to use a mask that worked well. Respironics Dreamwear. As I wore it more and more, I used to check it for leaks. After a while I became so impulsive that I would wake up in my sleep to check for leaks. Finally I changed make and model of masks! Sleep quality had deteriorated so badly I had to make a change.

Thanks Neville! Much appreciated.

DaveL

My aids from Costco have the 3 year manufacturer warranty and 2 year warranty for loss and damage

1 Like

I have had me KS 10’s for about a year now and just started having charging issues. About once a week my right aid is not charged in the morning even after making sure it is blinking before I close the charger cover. I am changing to my Phonak travel charger to see if it solves the issue. I will report back with results

2 Likes

hans, it’s probably the charger. However, I’ve noticed that my right HA, with its super powered and heavy plastic mold, will sometimes pull the aid off the magnet connection on the charger. It’s not at all apparent other than the green charging light will go out. Even a slight bump of the desk where the charger sits can make the aid pull off the charger. so that’s something to check.

1 Like

@jeffrey: I’m not familiar with these HAs … explain please .

It’s a HA that makes it possible for me to fly and lift automobiles over my head. I got it at Costco.

No, what I meant was I have a custom mold and whatever you call a power receiver.

3 Likes

I think you’re just saying that the aid is imbalanced in the charger because the of the receiver and large mold?

yes. and I have to add some words to post.

1 Like

I had that problem for a couple of months then started wiping the charging contacts on the HA with an alcohol pad before putting them in the charger. It has never happened again since then. My audi recommended this to me.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion!
I’ll try that with my Phonak Audeo Paradise P90’Rs. Good idea. And I’ll wipe the charger too.

DaveL
Toronto