Costco KS10 versus Phonak Brio 4 B-312

I’m new to the forum and ready to purchase my first set of HA.
I prefer the Brio because you can get it with disposable batteries, the future is not available on KS10. I understudy that HA with rechargeable batteries are more in for repairs.
Is Brio based on older technology?

Julius

Brio 5 is out. Maybe you knew that already.

WH

They are different aids. The KS10 is a RIC (Reciever In Canal) aid with only the amplifier located behind your ear and a wire connected to a speaker located in your ear.
The Brio is a BTE (Behind The Ear) aid with the amplifier and speaker located behind your ear and the sound is transmitted to your ear thru a tube with custom molds needed.

Here is a link: Brio 5

Pretty sure these are similar to Naida Paradise PR and UP

Right, I figured a paradise platform based BTE. Thanks.

From Costco Phonak page :
“…the new Brio 5 B-675 simultaneously connects to two Bluetooth® devices…”

Two connections → Paradise

WH

Thanks mr. csmithster.
Preferably the RIC system the only concern is wax buildup and clean up.

Yes, the KS10’s are only offered as rechargeable. Costco also offers 2 other RIC aids that are available with batteries (or as rechargeable) the Philips 9030 and the Jabra Enhance Pro. Both would cover about the same loss as KS10’s but run about $400-500 more.
It may be helpful if you posted your audiogram. I would gather that if you are considering BTE, you have some profound freq loss?

Costco also has a Signa ric aid - I forget the exact one.

When it comes to cleaning hearing aids, in my opinion it is more practical to maintain RIC hearing aids.
Remove the dome or mold and replace the WAX ​​filter. (replacement takes about 10 seconds, if we include quick cleaning with a cloth)

If you maintain a BTE hearing aid,
you have to change the tube every 2 months, cut it to measure, pull it into the mold, it’s not that simple but there is more work to do compared to RIC hearing aids.
And sometimes you have to blow out the pipe with a pump because sometimes moisture droplets form. This is noticed when the sound starts to be different.

If your hearing loss is very big then you have nothing left but BTE.
If not, the RIC hearing aid has another advantage, it is practical to replace the Receiver, the speaker if it breaks or is damaged for some reason. The wire is thin so it is not noticed so much.

Bad side. - If you do not pay attention to it, you must carefully remove it from the ear, from the charger. be more careful to put in the ear as the wire may break and then you have to buy another receiver as it changes along with the wire.

WAX filter replacement

Receiver replace

Cleaning

Replace dome
Blu – How to Replace Dome - YouTube

For BTE

Replace tube

Cleand tube and mold

I think you’re talking about their Rexton hearing aid. Don’t know if it comes with disposable batteries or not.

Pretty sure it’s only rechargeable