Costco KS10 streaming call issues

I Just brought a new pair of Costco KS10 and have been have issues with the app and Bluetooth connectivity.

The easy line app crashes constantly and when it does, the Bluetooth goes into a limbo state. When there are incoming calls, I can’t hear the ringtone sound just the caller announcement, which means I mostly miss the calls.

Does anyone have this problem and know how to fix this?

I have restarted my phone, restarted the HA, disconnected all connections, paired everything again and still the same issue. My phone is running ios16.

No one has this problem? My HA may be faulty then.

I had an issue earlier where out of the box they weren’t charged and the audiologist commented it was weird as it is usually half charged.

I don’t have that problem. I use the easy line app only to change the program or check battery life. You might have better luck avoiding it. Also, my KS10s came half-charged.

1 Like

I have never had a problem with my KS 10s or the Easy Line Remote app using my Samsung Android phone…Android 9

1 Like

There are a multitude of connectivity issues that have been mentioned on the forum. Have you discussed with Costco? They might have some ideas or be able to give you a tech support number that could walk you through some diagnostics. Thinking about, have you tried switching the bandwidth options between fixed and dynamic on the app. Some phones seem to work better with one or the other. Other possibilities would be to try a different phone.
Tangent. It’s seeming like KS9 no longer work with the MyPhonak app. I know it won’t work with KS10 but it used to work with my KS9, but I couldn’t get it to work, but they work fine with EasyLine Remote.

1 Like

Thanks everyone

Yeah mine is already on adaptive when all these issues occur

Have you tried it on Fixed?

Yes, didn’t really see much of a difference

Costco doesn’t know how to fix

Options are 1) Try to get some troubleshooting help form Phonak 2) Have aids returned to factory. It’s possible there’s something wrong or 3) Try a different hearing aid.

Just read this more carefully. IOS 16 is in beta right? That could be the issue.

2 Likes

You dont have to have the EasyLine app open/running for the bluetooth streaming. It is only used to make changes to settings, then you close it.

And you said you hear the caller’s announcement (name?). I believe this is a setting in your phone. I dont know where in ios, in android it is something about ‘assistance’. It either announces the caller’s name or just sends the ringtone, but its an option.

Yeah thanks. I just want to clarify. Usually when everything is working, when a call comes in I hear the name of the person announced then the ringtone sound through my HA.

But when the app crashes, all I hear is the name of the person announced, no ringtone. And when I pick up, the person can’t hear me and I can’t hear the person.

I don’t leave the app open but I noticed this is the behaviour all the time. I only know because I observe the app abruptly closed

OK. Again, the app has nothing to do with using the HAs for answering calls. In fact why not remove/uninstall the app and then do some test calls to the phone. See how the HAs function WITHOUT the app installed.

Besides, since the app is crashing, you probably need to uninstall it anyway.

This way you eliminate a variable - the app - and see how the aids work with your phone directly. Get them working the way you want (go into the “accessability” features in your phone to adjust, I believe) then add in the app to fine tune things.

1 Like

How do I do that? I’m unable to enable streaming without the app. It won’t pair the right and left device under the Bluetooth menu in phone settings, the only way I can pair is via the app.

Ah sorry I misread, it’s iOS 15.6. The latest one that auto downloaded.

@calciumz

The KS10 only pairs the R side and then streams to both sides.

The App pairs to both sides.

I don’t have the App paired but I do have my R - Black side which are my spares HAs and my R - Blue side which I’m currently using. (I’ve renamed mine so I know which are my spares and which are my current.)

I have three. Usually it’s the R-ks that is connected. The LE ones won’t pair without the app. It’s not discoverable in the Bluetooth menu of the phone without the app. I think this is the one that streams the sound to the HA

Strangely enough today I have had no issues with connections. It has connected 100pc of the time. Other days I get a 5% success rate if I’m lucky.

That’s because it’s only for the App and not for streaming.

Delete the LE ones and you’ll see that you can still listen to music with both ears as described previously.

1 Like

If you are still having problems, I suggest -

1.Delete/Uninstall the app
2.Delete (unpair) all KS10 devices in your bluetooth phone menu
3.Turn off the KS10s completely. Wait 10 seconds and then turn them back on. When they turn on they are automatically in bluetooth pairing mode for a short period of time.
4.Go into phone menu, add new bluetooth device. You should see the R-KS listed, select it and pair.

Now try streaming music or a video from the phone and let us know if it works.

And the LE listed ones are not used for the audio streaming.

1 Like

OK. I’m NO techie, but I also had similar problems with my Phonak Marvel aids streaming on a One+ Android phone. Turns out there were a couple things going on: I had wi-fi calling set to ON, and I think that was a mistake. Calls would ring once (if even) and then disconnect for no reason.

Once I got through to someone, I would hear every 10th word they were saying UNTIL I found a “sweet spot” in my house (probably one where wifi was blocked!) to hear them. Turns out that was deep inside my bathroom by the potty, so I knew I needed to do something and fix it! I turned wi-fi calling OFF, and will see if that’s better.

On top of which, my phone would not ring ANYONE who was not entered in my Contacts. Annoying AND intrusive, but there y’are! So if I was staying at a VRBO, or trying out a new doc, I’d always have to enter their name and PHONE NUMBER in order for the incoming call to RING my phone. Not sure what the workaround is for that.

Like I say, I’m no techie, so it’s extra frustrating when these idiotic tools control US. Hope you resolve your call issues, cuz there’s nothing as frustrating as having brand new aids, BT all set up, and STILL can’t stream.

And for that last little wrinkle, I had my audi install “Acoustic Phone” on my aids. That way, I can use any phone (landline, cell) and “stream” a call to both ears. It’s about 90% as good as BT streaming direct into the aids.

1 Like