Costco Kirkland Signature 9.0 (Product Information)

Thanks for the heads up!
I’m excited!
Nate

I’m wondering whether the TV Connector is included with the KS9s or for sale at an extra charge.
If the latter, thinking the KS9s might simply pair with my existing Avantree Bluetooth aptX Low Latency Transmitter, already plugged into the TOSLINK port on our TV?
Or if the Bluetooth setup on the KS9s is strictly low energy compatible?

How do these compare to the signature 8’s. I have an opportunity to switch over from my Rexton Sig 8’s. Is that worth while?
Thanks,
Allen

Check out the record-long thread on the Phonak Marvel’s. They can connect with just about anything bluetooth. That’s what these are.

Do you have any issues with your current hearing aids? What do you want made better? Those are the questions that need answering to determine if this is worthwhile. On the one hand, you’d get $100 back. I’d say the biggest issue for most people would be the direct Android streaming. If you have an Android phone and use it a lot, the Phonak definitely offers advantages. If you don’t use a smartphone much or use an iPhone, I’d say the advantages are marginal

Marvel is still better than KS9. Here’s why:

• KS9 has no rechargeable option

• KS9 has no telecoil option

• KS9 has no tinnitus therapy option

• KS9 not getting RogerDirect support

• KS9 won’t get Marvel 2.0* upgrade in August

*can’t spill the beans on Marvel 2.0, yet

Having said that, the KS9 is an amazing deal for the tech you get …

8 Likes

Can’t ask Abram to spill the beans (yet) and my post would be better to fan the fire in the Costco/Phonak Rumor thread - the place for wild speculation(!).

But maybe Abram spilled a bean or two in mentioning “August” - hmm, what happens in August?! Google is supposedly to officially release Android Q. What would be more MARVELous or just plain amazing than if Phonak had not only the capability of classic Bluetooth 2.1++ streaming built into the Marvels but also the option of MFA direct streaming (I guess throwing MFI in on top of that would be a little too ridiculous given the Phonak/Apple history, etc.).

The best part is August is only a couple weeks a way…

Marvel 2.0 upgrade likely explains why Phonak was willing to offer a defeatured Marvel to Costco.

Would this hinder the DIY’er from upgrading the KS9?

1 Like

If you’re asking if DIY’er would be able to update a KS9 to the Marvel 2.0 upgrade, I’d say no. If you’re asking if the DIY’er could still do firmware updates, I’d say yes.

1 Like

Is this just in the US? Any Canadian dates?

If not out in Canada, would it be better to wait for the KS9 or go with KS8 now? I’m an iPhone user with KS04’s right now.

Both KS8 and KS9 are iPhone compatible. KS8s are a Rexton product. KS9s are a Phonak product. KS9 just came out in the US. Usually there is a little while before they are out in Canada. I’m not sure how long that will be. I saw a post that said the KS8s are no longer available at Costco in the US.

So if you prefer conventional battery, you do not need T-Coil, you do not suffer tinnitus and you do not use the Roger system, you are buying a Marvel when you buy a KS9.

4 Likes

That is by no means an exhaustive list of differences. I haven’t really been able to dig into the list of software features to try to break down any further discrepancies. So, no, I’m not saying this @tenoch.

2 Likes
  • don’t care for rechargeable
  • I like the whole idea of a telecoil but truth be told I’ve almost never used it in a public space
  • unproven effectiveness for tinnitus relief
  • don’t care about rogerdirect
  • obviously it would be preferable to get any device updates

So the only one in that list (with your hints of more differences/limitations) would be updates. Which would be nice.
But that’s just little ol’ me.

4 Likes

Any idea when a list of software features will become available? I’m guessing one could get a list if one had a KS9 and access to Target and a programming device.

If it were me, I would wait for the news in mid-August before making any decisions :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Maybe multiple BT connections?

The only difference that would probably entice me to pay the price premium would be if it actually makes a significant improvement in RSHL. Other than that, no bluetooth or pairing with my phone/tv/lawn mower is going to convince me to pay twice the price. That said, I’m not in any hurry to replace my KS6s. A month here or there won’t hurt me.

2 Likes

Not a big upgrade from KS8 unless you don’t use iPhone. I am currently in the trial period on my KS8s. Since the KS9 uses the built in mike for a phone call I like the idea of not having a separate device to use as a hands free phone as I do with the KS8. However since these aid are almost invisible you might get locked up for talking to yourself. LOL

1 Like