Costco Kirkland Signature 7.0 (Product Information)

Not using the music setting but went from 8 open to 10 open and streaming music sounds a lot better. I wish there was am option to put something in my ears behind the domes because when I place my thumbs loosely in my ear it sounds amazing. I have tried foam earplugs but they don’t seem to work.

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but when you mention “streaming music” is that music that gets sent directly to your hearing aids via Bluetooth?

Yes, via the Smart Connect device.

Got it. My main concern is listening to music thru my sound system (speakers etc.) but thanks for the info. Once I get these HAs I’ll probably be exploring all the new features including streaming.

Is it possible to apply equalization to the audio received by streaming? – either by boosting the bass or by changing the ratio of Bluetooth-received sound to speaker-to-microphones sound?

I posted info on an app that provides an equalizer for streaming recently.

Volume should be controlled by the phone’s control.

I got a TaoTronics BT transmitter, but the only place to connect it directly to the bedroom TV is into the headphone socket, which then kills the speaker sound so that my wife cannot hear.

I just got a an optical audio to RCA stereo adapter, and that works (although I have to crank the HA volume way up) but with an intolerable delay compared to the sound from the speakers.

Time for a new bedroom TV with built-in Bluetooth? I think not!

I got this In BTxmit/rcvron Amazon. It has optical and is lower latency. Quite happy with it.

Impressive price. So that should work with a Smart Connect device?

It should work with any product capable of receiving standard Bluetooth. It also has pretty good range. It is the same unit as the Miscus (sp?) so look for whichever is cheapest at the time.

Just ordered the Indigo BTRT1; hope it works out for me. I did look for small TVs with Bluetooth but couldn’t find any.

Connexx Smart Remote App vs Smart Remote (physical remote accessory). As far as functionality are these 2 basically the same? The only thing I see that the Smart Remote app can do in addition to the physical Smart Remote is control the microphone pattern.

I think that summarizes it. If you have a smart phone, no need for the remote. If you don’t have a smart phone, you have the option of using pre programmed buttons on the HAs or the Smart Remote to control the aids.

If this message turns out to be more or less a duplicate of another, I’m sorry: I saw the message that I had posted previously then came back to see if there was any response and “there it was – gone!”

The Indigo BRT1 Bluetooth transmitter arrived, but there is an intolerable delay between the sound from the speakers and the sound in the hearing aids – a delay that renders the sound pretty much unintelligible if i can hear both. Even if I mute the microphones in the aids, I can still hear enough of the sound from the speakers to interfere with intelligibility. I can’t mute the speakers in the TV, because then my wife will be unable to listen to the TV.

The delay in the sound through the aids is much greater than that through a Bluetooth speaker receiving from the same BRT1 transmitter. In other words, there seems to be a delay in the Smart Connect/KS7 combination itself.

— Updated —

If this message turns out to be more or less a duplicate of another, I’m sorry: I saw the message that I had posted previously then came back to see if there was any response and “there it was – gone!”

The Indigo BRT1 Bluetooth transmitter arrived, but there is an intolerable delay between the sound from the speakers and the sound in the hearing aids – a delay that renders the sound pretty much unintelligible if i can hear both. Even if I mute the microphones in the aids, I can still hear enough of the sound from the speakers to interfere with intelligibility. I can’t mute the speakers in the TV, because then my wife will be unable to listen to the TV.

The delay in the sound through the aids is much greater than that through a Bluetooth speaker receiving from the same BRT1 transmitter. In other words, there seems to be a delay in the Smart Connect/KS7 combination itself.

I get a very brief delay. But, having the sound bar on doesn’t interfere. I have the earlier version (KS6) w. phone clip + and I’m sure it doesn’t have thatmuch latency. I doubt your wife would be interested in headphones. The far more expensive TV device doesn’t need the Phone Clip. I’d either return the Indigo or use it on a computer or tablet.

I got some Bluetooth headphones, but my wife hasn’t tried them yet. When I tried them it seemed that the delay compared to the sound from the TV speakers was shorter than that in the aids, but I didn’t try both at once (which should be possible just as an experiment).

A minor annoyance is that there is no way to distinguish, in the Smart Connect app., between two totally different Bluetooth transmitters – the TauTronics connected to the Family Room TV, and the Indigo connected to the Bedroom TV: whichever one is switched on, it gets the name I last set for the other one. So I have to switch each one off after I finish listening before I can listen to the other one.

— Updated —

I got some Bluetooth headphones, but my wife hasn’t tried them yet. When I tried them it seemed that the delay compared to the sound from the TV speakers was shorter than that in the aids, but I didn’t try both at once (which should be possible just as an experiment).

A minor annoyance is that there is no way to distinguish, in the Smart Connect app., between two totally different Bluetooth transmitters – the TauTronics connected to the Family Room TV, and the Indigo connected to the Bedroom TV: whichever one is switched on, it gets the name I last set for the other one. So I have to switch each one off after I finish listening before I can listen to the other one.

After further experiments with the two different Bluetooth transmitters (different makes), it seems that the Smart Connect gizmo cannot “remember” the two different ones. Each time, it seems to want to connect to the one with which it was last paired, and the only way to get it to connect to the latest one is to re-pair it to that latest one – and then repeat the process when I want to connect to the first one. It might be simpler just to take the one BT transmitter with me from the one TV to the other.

Now that I have had my first follow-up with the HIS, I have more low-frequency volume (even the “switch-on tones” are much louder than before), and that helps to overcome the delay between the sound from the speakers and the sound in the aids: at least some low-frequency sound is in sync with the higher frequencies.

— Updated —

After further experiments with the two different Bluetooth transmitters (different makes), it seems that the Smart Connect gizmo cannot “remember” the two different ones. Each time, it seems to want to connect to the one with which it was last paired, and the only way to get it to connect to the latest one is to re-pair it to that latest one – and then repeat the process when I want to connect to the first one. It might be simpler just to take the one BT transmitter with me from the one TV to the other.

Now that I have had my first follow-up with the HIS, I have more low-frequency volume (even the “switch-on tones” are much louder than before), and that helps to overcome the delay between the sound from the speakers and the sound in the aids: at least some low-frequency sound is in sync with the higher frequencies.

I tried using my KS 7 with wireless headphones and they would just start beeping and then shut down. I tried different ones and got the same result. Everything was ok with corded headphones, and I was pleasantly surprised that I did not feel any discomfort.

Does anybody know why they would not work with wireless headphones?

nimailni:

When you say “wireless headphones,” what do you mean? If you mean “the transmitter that works with my wireless headphones,” are they Bluetooth headphones? There are wireless headphones that are not Bluetooth. And do you have the Smart Connect device that hangs round your neck and is the “bridge” between a Bluetooth transmitter and your KS7 headphones? The KS7 aids do not have built-in Bluetooth capability.

— Updated —

nimailni:

When you say “wireless headphones,” what do you mean? If you mean “the transmitter that works with my wireless headphones,” are they Bluetooth headphones? There are wireless headphones that are not Bluetooth. And do you have the Smart Connect device that hangs round your neck and is the “bridge” between a Bluetooth transmitter and your KS7 headphones? The KS7 aids do not have built-in Bluetooth capability.

I wen to Best Buy and tried different headphones over the ear. I kept my hearing aids. I don’t have remote or anything else that is connected to my aids. Several wireless headphones would shut my aids down when I had them over my ears