Costco Kirkland Signature 7.0/KS7

Yeah, my friend has already talked to a guy on the phone from a hearing aid shop over there, but said that they were not very helpful; they were more interested in selling her new aids. Go figure, eh? :wink:

I can see being more interested in selling aids, but if business is slow, making a few bucks programing somebody elses is not a bad idea.

The KS7 manual states:
• Wired programming with 312-programming-adaptor
• Wireless programming with ConnexxLink

I did some more surfing etc. and I am getting to grips with all this new hardware jargon. :grimacing:

So I can either go wired, with a hi/mini-pro type programmer and the cs44 cables coupled with 312 adapters, which are “pills” which you put in place of the batteries of the KS7 to make the connection.
Correct so far?

Or I could go wireless, which would skip all the cable malarkey, which sounds tempting.
As the KS7 is capable of Connexxlink, does this mean it will also work with a Noahlink Wireless?

It will not work with NoahLink Wireless. Will work with CS44 cables and 312 adapters. Yes, you are correct. My only experience with Connexxlink is in the office. Requires patient to wear a device around neck for it to work. Send me a PM. I may be able to help you out obtaining a minipro and cables.

You need the Connexx software that has the Rexton database pre-installed. Then you connect it all up and tell the software to detect the aids. It’s quite a bit of a learning curve. But it’s interesting.

Hi everyone.
Finally today I tried via a remote session to get things up and running.
It’s a Mini-Pro connected to a Windows 10 laptop via a USB-A to USB-B cable (used for scanners, printers, etc.).
Unfortunately the Connexx software can’t find the Pro. It does show up in the Windows device manager as HI-PRO, but no driver is loaded…though I read elsewhere that that might not be needed anyway?
Tried both USB ports, with the same result: only the power light on the Pro lights up, the PC led remains dark.
Any suggestions?

1 Like

@Dusty @Raudrive @pvc Any ideas? The Mini-Pro used to be mine and was working fine. My only thought is to try another cable. It’s been a long time since I needed to do any futzing with it.

@tenkan is good with this stuff too.
As mentioned, do you have the correct software, Connexx with Rexton database?
As far as your PC communicating with the mini pro, all drivers must be up to date. With the mini pro connected to your computer, do all possible updates on your pc, boot the computer too.
In the Connexx software, is there a selection for mini pro in the set up section? I am not familiar with this software but Phonak Target has this. In this area there might also be a selection to test the connection. Target has this.
You keep mentioning remote programming, not sure if you can do that.
Good luck

Yes, I have the right software installed.
I need to find a driver to get stuff to work though, so looking into that.
And fyi: by remote I mean I use a remote desktop to use someone’s laptop, as that’s where all the hardware & aids are…:slightly_smiling_face:

You shouldn’t have to find drivers. Windows 10 should do that. Run all updates and boot the computer.
Have you verified Connexx setup for selected mini pro?

This leads me to believe the cable is correct.
Getting into the Connexx software to verify mini pro settings would be my next step.

It’s always a chore to get the Hi-Pro working on a new system. Looking through my old posts ( I started in '14! :slight_smile: ) I found that Raudrive and I talked it through quite thoroughly in this thread.

Interestingly, there is a member in '17 who posted on the alias “Corona”. Go figure that!

2 Likes

I appreciate all the help, but to avoid repeating ourselves, here is the current situation:
I am a software engineer specializing in Windows desktop software, so I’m very knowledgeable about Windows, and it’s inner workings (and annoyances; I’m writing this on a Linux desktop :wink:).
The laptop that is used is up to date with all the nonsense that Windows Update decides to force upon it.
The Hi-Pro needs a driver, but Windows itself tells me it can’t find it, even after removing it twice from Device Manager and plugging the Pro back in a USB port.
The software installed is Connexx 9.5.5, with a RexFit 9.5.5 database. During install the Hi-Pro was selected as Programming Device, and I assumed that meant it would install the correct drivers for it, but apparently not. The Pro does show up as an available Programming Device in User Preferences/Devices, but that just indicates that this was chosen during setup as far as I can tell, as it shows that regardless of an actual Pro being connected to the laptop. There are no other options that I can see to make Connexx see the Pro from there, or anywhere else in the software.
When plugged in, Windows Device Manager shows the Pro under Other Devices as “HI-PRO USB”.
Another user has shown me a screenshot of his Device Manager with a Pro connected through USB, which is now under Ports (COM & LPT) as “HI-PRO (COM3)”. The driver properties show a version nr of 2.8.14, and a Driver Provider as FTDI.
I did some surfing, which taught me that an FTDI driver has to do with mapping a (old school) serial port to an USB port, which sounds not unlike what might be needed here…but I could be wrong.

Drivers are here.

https://madsen.hu/en/support/

Have you got any Phonak software, as it’s got a HiPro test file built in, to get HiPro to communicate with the software.

You can tell what’s going on by what the LEDs are doing,Both green light flashing when connecting to the software tells you HiPro is connected and ready to use, but if just the left flashing tells you it wasn’t successful, HiPro needs to be installed on comPort 4 or less if that helps.

1 Like

Just tried that Madsen driver link, but had to request access via Google Drive and I am waiting for an email.
And no, don’t have the Phonak stuff, but not sure if that will work with the K7 aids.

Just for clarification: The mini-pro and the Connexx software are both connected to/installed on a Windows 10 computer that you are connecting to remotely?

Edit: And secondly, even if you get the driver that shows up on the link provided, I’m not sure a driver for a Hi Pro 2 is what you want.

The driver works with all HiPro, the problem is with, what Windows you are running, XP, 7 or 10.

Try here

It’s not for programming your HAs, it’s to help get your HiPro up and running, some of the older software has a built in test/setup file for HiPro using both serial port and USB.

2 Likes

Ok, that’s clear. Just dl-ed and will try out that hipro driver. I f that fails I will report back, and then could try the Phonak software. That link is expired now, btw.

1 Like

Allright! Installed that driver, and lo and behold, the Pro was found!
So now I can move on to the next steps. Thanks everyone, and I’m sure I will be back with questions about the programming, etc. :partying_face:

3 Likes

Here is a screenshot of the K7s being recognized by Rexton. :grinning:
These are the ones that @MDB generously included in his package. They have receiver strength S (also recognized by Rexton :grin:), which does not quite cover the range, as @MDB also predicted.
There is another pair of K7s available which I will try out later (don’t have time right now), which hopefully have strength M or higher.

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

2 Likes