Costco Kirkland Signature 10.0 (Product Information)

Damn. When I was originally planning to get the KS 9 for my dad, I was also going to get the PerfectDry Lux dryer for $40 at Costco that someone mentioned in a different thread. Since these are rechargeable, I guess plan’s out the window.

They are not self-programmable by design is what I meant. I assumed the question was about whether they were made for users to tweak at home. They are not. Now, will people fine a way? Probably.

5 Likes

Because of the ability to connect to 2 devices via bluetooth simultaneously I really want the KS10.
I bought my KS9s 8 months ago so no trade-in.

I’m thinking about buying the KS10 anyway - if I could sell my KS9s. Anyone out there interested in having a backup pair? Send me a message with your offer.

These are working perfectly and of course, still under warranty.

Are the KS 10’s available in rechargable only?, I dont really want rechargeable. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :expressionless:

3 Likes

I’m still within my return period for my KS9.0’s. Definitely returning them for the 10.0’s. I was always thinking that the T-Coil / Rechargeable batteries were nice to haves, but with a reduced price from the 9.0’s, you really can’t go wrong.

This is amazing and Dr. Cliff was right when he told me to stay tuned for what Costco is releasing next year.

The standard version of Target should detect the KS10,s – unless – , they’ve taken away that functionality with the Costco version of Target :thinking: Someone will need to report.

1 Like

I think it’s been implied that they are programmable by standard Target, but yes, it would be good to have confirmed.

This is good news for many users. Personally I’m very happy with the new Costco Rextons so I’ll skip the KS-10. Also rechargeable aids are not convenient for my situation.

1 Like

Why not try a set of the KS10s and, if they improve your life, keep them. Costco has an unbeatable return policy, you know. Your KS9s will be available as back-up for those “range anxiety” inducing emergencies…Seems better than an extra pair of last year’s model.

3 Likes

KS10 vs P90.pdf (2.6 MB)
UPDATE: Based on feedback, corrected 3 items (SNR-Boost, Sound Recover, Roger)

I was going back and forth trying to understand the differences (if any) between the new Costco KS 10.0T and the current Phonak Paradise P90 RT. So I cut and pasted and built the attached comp sheet.

It got a little confusing due to the slightly different terms that are used on Costco’s Product Sheet vs. Phonak’s Product Sheet. Many items are exact in form and name, some are very close so as to make a match pretty accurate. Some, like Phonak’s trademarked terms, are more difficult. I used other marketing brochures and flyers that explained the terms to help make a match. I also looked into how Target 7.1 manages some of the programmable items. The attached comp sheet should make it much easier for anyone trying to make the compare.

For any items where, even with multiple sources, it was still a best guess, I marked them so they stand out. Lastly, I note that the Mic placements are different and so I marked up the clip picture of the HAs.

I’m not an audiologist or even a licensed fitter, just a consumer like many here. If through your experience or higher level of knowledge you discover that I’ve mismatched something, please send me a message and I’ll make the correction.

13 Likes

The KS10 is listed to be dust proof and water resistant when immersed indifferently so I wonder how necessary a dryer is. I also wonder if the small recharger will be available through Costco.

Very nice! You are hereby inducted into the Hearing Aid Hall of Fame of Geekdom! :smile:
High Frequency Protect+ goes with Sound Recover 2. Not sure what goes with the Feedback Overtuning Adjust (or if it’s even available) Feedback Overtuning Adjust allows one to adjust the gain limit after running Feedback Manager. It basically allows one to strike a compromise by allowing more feedback in exchage for more gain. Oh, and to add, KS10 should work with Roger Direct devices. I’m assuming this because similar KS9 do. They will need receiver “licenses” installed.

1 Like

There have been very long threads on the need for a dryer. There seems to be a good case for them if one lives in a humid environment, no matter what the water resistance of one’s hearing aid. The smaller recharger does not seem to be sold by Costco. They do sell the Power Pack as an accessory though. If one wanted the smaller charger, one could shop for one on Ebay.

There is a Phonak Powerpak that plugs into the bottom of the charger that gives you 7 days of charging. order it from Costco for $99.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s an option, too. I’m waiting for reports/reviews from others who actually get KS10. My previous HAs were 6-year old so KS9 are pretty amazing in comparison :laughing:

1 Like

I’m curious to know how much better the KS10 would help my hearing. There was a big difference from the Brio 4 to the KS9.
The person at CC tells me there is not much improvement in algorithms between the KS9 & KS10. The KS10 has a slightly more powerful processor. He said they have added a different noise reduction algorithm and another that helps with determining where a sound comes from.
The main difference is the rechargeable battery in the KS10 which he thought could have some down sides if you wear your HA for long periods of time.
He also said that it did not have the Tinnitus feature (even though I saw it on the data sheet).

1 Like

Ultimately nobody can say but you. My guess is that you wouldn’t notice much, if any difference. That said, there might be some subtle change that you like a lot. I’m surprised you found KS9 noticably different than the Brio 4 as they are essentially the same thing except in BTE form.

1 Like

I am definitely into all “the latest & greatest” so, even tho I’ve got Marvels, when the Paradise came out I asked my Audi about them. He told me to wait for something else, I wouldn’t hear any better with Paradise. I trust him -------

3 Likes

I stand corrected, I had the Brio 3, not the Brio 4

3 Likes

My understanding is that the new rechargeable include a new type battery that eliminates the problems we had with older rechargeables. I’m going to try them.

1 Like