Costco Kirkland Signature 10.0 (Product Information)

Thanks. That sounds like it may have a 24 bit processor. Do you know?

Nope sorry - can’t confirm that although I understand why you would infer it.
In the end I’m just going to try them and see how I like them I guess.
If you find out anything else do let us know :grin:

1 Like

I currently have the KS9 and have ordered the KS10.

I have a cellular version of the Apple Watch 5. I could never get it to connect to the KS 9s, so that I could do phone calls on it rather than my iphone.

Has anybody tried connecting a cellular Apple Watch to the KS10? Any luck?

@cvkemp might be able to help you concerning the Apple Watch. He uses Oticon aids but uses the Apple Watch.
@jim_lewis also uses the Apple Watch with Resound aids.

I did manage o connect my Oticon aids by way of the connect clip to my WiFi only Apple Watch but didn’t see it as that useable for streaming.

2 Likes

There is some discussion of how to use the Apple Watch with your iPhone in the following thread (and I’m sure that there must be earlier threads, too, but my own experience and questions are in the link). Bluetooth solutions: Differences between Made For iPhone, Android ASHA, BT Classic

You should be able to pair your Apple Watch with the KS10’s but I don’t know if that will allow you to do decent hands-free calling. I could pair my Watch to the ReSound PhoneClip+ streaming device and make a hands-free call to my wife. Her voice sounded great in my HA’s, my voice through the watch microphone (or from PC+ to watch? - never determined which) through my iPhone 6S to her phone sounded nice and loud but all broken up - mentioning this experience as a comparison as my Apple Watch was connected to the PC+ through classic Bluetooth when attempting a phone call using my Watch as both transmitter and receiver. Bluetooth solutions: Differences between Made For iPhone, Android ASHA, BT Classic In my case, there was a long chain of HA’s to PC+ to Watch to iPhone. Using the cellular LTE on your Apple Watch, you should just have the chain HA’s to Apple Watch via classic BT, then out to the network directly, no iPhone connection or other intermediary device needed.

Give it a try and let us know how it works as I’m interested in the KS10’s as a possible new set of HA’s when my insurance coverage rolls over this coming fall. With the Watch using classic BT to communicate with your KS10’s, I should imagine it’s going to be very hard on Watch battery charge.

1 Like

I am not having much luck with the EasyLine Remote app for my KS10 aids. (Using IPhone 12 Pro). Each time I change any setting in the app it reverts back to programmed Automatic setting if there is any notification, phone call, etc on the phone. Anybody else have a problem with this app ?

1 Like

I’ve tried numerous times deleted and reinstalled the app I cannot get the Kirkland tends to connect to the app. I also cannot get them to connect to my iPad… I’m open to any suggestions ,thank you

What kind of device are you trying to pair with? App and pairing with phone, tablet, etc. are very separate. I’d encourage you to dig up the instructions and go through step by step.

1 Like

@roysharley
Here’s what I could imagine is happening:
If a short sound is sent from the mobile when switching to screensaver, the HA therefore briefly switches to streaming mode and then immediately back to autosense. But not to the last active custom setting.
And there is always a little delay before streaming starts. The one single tone is too short to be hearable in the aids.
Therefore, try to switch off any notification sounds in your phones setting:
Settings > Sound & Vibrations > Advanced
Scroll to the bottom of the screen and turn off:
Screen Locking Sound
Touch Sounds

I am trying to connect to the iPad with the latest software updates. Sometimes it recognizes the hearing aids but they will not connect. I have read the information available. Supposedly you simply turn the hearing aids on till the green light is blinking and the iPad is waiting to pair. It just doesn’t work

Still not sure what you’re talking about. What kind of software updates? To the app? I can’t find for sure, but I don’t think the app works with an iPad. Just iPhones is my understanding, but I could be wrong. iPad should stream fine though. I’d turn off all other devices that might be paired with hearing aid and try again.

But again, connecting to the app and pairing a device are two different things. I have the app on my phone, but it is not paired to the hearing aids and my two computers are paired, but do not have the app. If you can’t find instructions for what you’re trying to do, I’d suggest contacting Costco or perhaps calling Phonak, although I’m not sure they would help.

Thank You. IPad software version14.6. I will try your suggestions

Sorry, still not understanding. If you’re trying to update the iPad software, that has nothing to do with the hearing aids (unless after the software update you start having connectivity issues that weren’t there before.)

Thank you - I will give that a try

Thanks. I disconnected bluetooth on my android phone and poof the HA’s connected to the iPad

1 Like

Hello, could anyone let me know how much it cost for the hearing test and the custom mods? Will the hearing aids last the whole day? Currently wearing phonak audeo v90-13 and I think I need a replacement.

Hi @ahearingaid,
The test is “free” at Costco as long as you are a member - you pay for membership - Here it is $60/year. The cost depends upon the country you are in - I believe it is around US$1399 for a pair of them which includes 180 day money back trial, 3 years warranty and included servicing etc. Custom molds are around US$40 each I believe but others here may have a better idea…

Will they last the whole day? Depends upon many things - What power receivers you are using ; how much streaming you do - As far as I know, no one has (YET) complained they have died during a days heavy use.

2 Likes

To steal @MDB’s favorite line, he advises if you pay with a Costco credit card, the HA warranty is extended to 5 years. So it might be worth it to take out a Costco credit card even if you never use it for anything else (I don’t have one myself and don’t know if there’s an annual service charge, etc.). So it might be worth checking out how the credit card option works for the KS10’s.

2 Likes

Can I change the parameters of a permanent program or does Costco have to make the changes?