Costco Kirkland 5 receivers/domes don't stay in tight

I’ve been using my Costco Kirkland 5s for about two months and notice that I can’t keep the receivers or domes or whatever as far up in the ear canal as they might need to be as evidenced by a gap between the ear and the tube. After I insert them fully, they slide out about 1/4 in (very approximate). I use the sports clips with them.

So for experienced users can I ask…

Is this totally normal?

Does this “readjustment” effect the usefulness of the HA?

Any steps that can be taken to prevent this?

Do the tubes come in different sizes, and can they be re-bent, lengthened, shortened or adjusted?

Thank you all for your help!

I believe they come in 4 different lengths.

There is a recent thread talking about domes that I think you’ll find of interest.

Thank you for the information. I will search for the thread.

Rad, this is the one I was thinking of. Been quite a few messages of late and it made it to the next page so thought I post it for you.

Thanks for providing it, KenP!

The receiver wires come in different lengths, and the domes come in different sizes. The one that fit me the best was the Tulip dome. They should fit comfortably and should not move much during the day. I eventually went with custom molds and I’m very happy with that, but the tulips were good too.

— Updated —

The receiver wires come in different lengths, and the domes come in different sizes. The one that fit me the best was the Tulip dome. They should fit comfortably and should not move much during the day. I eventually went with custom molds and I’m very happy with that, but the tulips were good too.

This is an old thread but it doesn’t appear to me that the OP’s problem was resolved, and I have the same problem.

My right receiver wire has always felt too short for me, and the cause of my domes slipping halfway out of my ear canal, requiring me to constantly push it back in. Asking for the next length up, I was told that it would be too long. We tried solving the problem with custom molds.

I love the molds, and the receivers now stay firmly planted in my ear canals but now, instead of the short wire pulling partway out of the canal, the shortness of the wire prevents it from being tucked behind my ear and instead it crosses in front of my ear and makes my right hearing aid screech every time I turn my head or eat, etc.

I hate this too short receiver wire! Isn’t there a solution?

Better slightly too long than slightly too short. Pros frequently get wire length wrong.

Can I buy a longer receiver wire someplace and install it myself? If so, where and roughly how much and how easy is it to remove the present one and replace it with one I purchase? I just don’t feel like going over this issue anymore at the store. I would feel more independent if I can just do it myself.

Basically you have to buy a new receiver. The wire is part of it. So you’ll need to order right or left, wire length (0-3) and receiver strength. Exchanging receivers is not hard, but there’s usually a bit of a “trick” to it, so you’ll need to find instructions. Cost should be anywhere from $50 to $150. Just depends on source.

Thanks for your reply. I’m shocked:
a) I had imagined that this would be like a $10 to 25 item;
b) I have a 3 now and it crosses in front of my ear instead of tucking behind it and I think my ears are average size. So there is no such thing as a 4?

All I see is 0-3. Perhaps it’s time to revisit the store?

All I see is 0-3

Where do you see them?

Right now I want to take a break from the HA dept. I like my fitter but I feel like I have overstayed my welcome, at least for the time being.

After 3 years I’ve still not been able to resolve this issue. I’m following this thread!

Google hearing aid receiver. What aids do you have? I was on the high side for price. $50-$60 is more typical, perhaps as low as $30.

[
Don]

Better slightly too long than slightly too short. Pros frequently get wire length wrong.

I think Don had a good point.

See title above: “Costco Kirkland-5 receivers…”

Thanks. You weren’t the OP so I didn’t know if you had the same hearing aids. Resound actually does make a 4. Here’s a link https://www.hearingdirect.com/us/GN-ReSound-Hearing-Aid-Accessories/?p=2

Thanks for the link!

I was at Costco yesterday and tried on a newer HA with a slightly shorter wire (3 -> 2 I think). They fit perfectly!
But after 4 years I would have to buy them myself. Darn!