Costco has the Resound Phone Clip+

Costco now has the newer Resound Phone Clip+. This is the one that works with the smartphone app where you can control connections, programs, and volume from your phone. It connects to two devices at one time (office phone and cell, for example).

I have the Resound Future, their version of the Alera. The only thing I know of that will not work on the Future is the mute. Ordered mine Friday. I’ll report back after I get it and have a chance to test it out.

I downloaded the Android app and placed it on my main page, so I’m ready!

I was just looking at the Phone Clip+ on their web site. Am I reading this right that you cannot use one device for cell phone and streaming audio via in-line jack? You need to purchase both the phone clip + and the Mini Microphone?

Good news indeed, Don, for Costco Resound customers.

You mentioned that the Clip+ mute function doesn’t work with Futures – another function not working is stereophonic sound. Both the mute (of external mics) stereophonic sound only works with Verso models. The TV streamer does stream stereo to the Alera/Future. It’ll be interesting to see if Costco’s upcoming new Verso-based model will have those two capabilities.

One major improvement in the clip+ is the use of the stronger wireless RF from the clip+ to the aids. Consequently, I rarely lose the signal on one or both aids when I turn my head, which is a nuisance when listening to music on my smartphone.

The Resource Control is a great app. One advantage over the old remote is that you can go directly to the program or streamer you want to use rather than sequential clicks. So, you can go directly to program 4 or the second streamer on the app. The disadvantage is that the smartphone blue tooth media function (to listen to audio streaming) has to be turned off. Also, the smartphone doesn’t stay connected to clip+, so if you haven’t been using the app for a while, it takes about 5 seconds to reconnect. But you can still use the clip+ for all the control functions that are in the app.

Finally, if you have an Alera/Future model, they need to have been paired to the old remote in order for the remote functions of the clip+ to work. Verso model will automatically connect directly to the clip+, as I understand it.

Thanks for the post, Don. I’ll order one as soon as I can get to Costco.

That is great news. That is one of my many complaints about the original clip. I complain about it but I still use it every day and it is very useful.

I normally wear mine on a lanyard, under my shirt and it works fine that way. The original only has one side button, plus the volume up and down. I’m wondering if I will still be able to wear it under my shirt.

How much does Costco sell the + clip for ?

I’ve been quoted $250 from an Audi

At the Costco in Birmingham, $209.

I ordered mine today at the Costco in Fairfax, VA. $209.99 plus $10.50 tax. It should arrive at the Costco in a couple of days. Like Don, I’ve already installed the app on my phone. Looking forward to better sound from the clip, and not having to carry a remote too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Picked it up yesterday.

First the downside. With my Alera/Future hearing aids, the mute button does not work, which would be neat because it is right there on the front of the device.

Also, and maybe this is just a setup issue, I don’t see where I can control the hearing aid mics during a call, using the app. I recall in the video you could move the mic levels up and down to get more or less environmental sounds during a call. Did I misread that or is that only for use with a transmitter? Or is that only for the Verso?

OK, now for the good part. This is clearly a big improvement over the original Phone Clip.

1. When not on a call and not streaming, you can instantly adjust the hearing aid volume up or down using the button on the side. Very quick and easy when you are talking to a low talker.

2. App works great. You can jump around on the programs and control the volume.

3. Connect to two devices at one time, finally!

4. No drop-outs or static-y sound. Strong connection to the hearing aids and to the phone.

5. Phone Clip+ microphone noise limiting seems to be better for my callers. I asked some specific questions to one caller about background noise and they didn’t hear it (which is good).

The volume change beeps on the app were loud and my audiologist lowered those so they are barely audible.

Comes with a lanyard and the device has a clever way of attaching the rope style lanyard to the “clip”. You can use any kind of thin rope style lanyard (like a referee whistle lanyard).

Overall, thumbs up from me. Good job Resound!

Don,

The mute function, whether using the button on the clip+ or the app, only works with Verso and not the Alera. Also, the audio feed is stereophonic with the Verso only.

I was able to use the volume control on phone calls, either with the clip+ volume control or the app with my Alera. However, I think the range should be much wider; it’s certainly not as much as you normally get on most phones.

The in-call volume seems to work fine. You can adjust volume on the phone itself to get the basic level close, then use the phone clip+ or the app to adjust as needed during a call.

I went back and looked at the video on the Resound site. It shows two lines of volume adjustments in the smartphone app, one white and one blue. It shows the user increasing or decreasing the blue volume for the TV transmitter, and increasing or decreasing the white volume for the hearing aid mics. So maybe that is the only time it works like that, just for the tv transmitter.

I had assumed it would work like that for phone use too but apparently not. Here is the video: http://www.gnresound.com/hearing-aids/accessories/unite-phone-clip-plus#!prettyPhoto/1/

Otherwise, everything works as advertised.

I ordered mine yesterday
I’m in need of a new phone also
Do you know if the app is for all smartphones or just the apple iphone

I picked mine up yesterday too, and I have TV streamers. No adjustment of the mics with my Futures, just the sound level from the sreamer. My Futures are set to mute the mics when streaming from the clip or the streamers, so no issues here.

I’m happy with the improvements.

I have the Android app. I know they have it for Android and Apple. I don’t know about Windows or Blackberry.

I hear good things about the new Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android).

From a ReSound website:

To use the ReSound Control app, you need a ReSound Unite Phone Clip+, a ReSound wireless hearing aid and a smartphone. The app is compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS running iOS 5 or later, and Android smartphones running version 2.2 or later.

Picked up my new clip today
whacked it on the charger for 3+ hour
just did a test with the wife while I went for a drive
I had no problems with the last one it was the other end that heard every thing and driving in the car was sh^t for the other person
so while on my test drive I asked the wife if she could hear the car…No…awesome
now to try it out on a few mates

A question about charging, the lead that came with it has a USB connection that plugs into the A/C adapter for a wall socket
can the clip be charged by the usb to computer ?

Yes, the part that plugs into the device is a micro-usb connection, a standard connection and cables are widely available. Also, car adapters are available for micro-usb, for $10 or less.

Hi Guys

gotta say the plus clip is much better, but
that recall button is a pain, I don’t always wear mind, may have it in my pocket and bump the recall, annoying at times. Beats me why resound would have it, like why would you rings that person again next call, I know some people would just can’t see the majority of people would need this feature

Does anyone know if this feature can be turn off in anyway

I also got the ReSound Phone Clip +. I’m very addicted to hands free phone calling, so it seemed this was a must. This has been a disappointment. The problems have been…

• The microphone is bad. Those on the other end of my calls have complained of very poor sound. This has been true whether it is clipped to my t shirt below my chin or even if I hold it in front of my mouth.

• On some occasions I can’t hear the other person, though they can hear me.

• Some times I have trouble getting them connected to the iPhone. Yesterday I had to reboot the phone and re-pair them before thy would re-sync w the iPhone.

I plan on swapping it for a new one, in case I just got a lemon, but I’m wondering if any others have had similar experiences or have suggestions.

The first one was returned. This one is great. No complaints by others about quality. I hear well using it. It did unpair once but I think that was my fault. The audi can repair the aid better than I could. He used the program on his computer rather than the button.