Costco Aid Choice

Had my hearing test this week & ordered the Rextons. If you have them I would love your opinion

I also ordered the Rexton Reach yesterday, hoping for the best

I got my Rexton Reach a few days ago. My Cedar Park, Texas Costco HAP did such a great job setting up 6 programs for me after doing REM that I decided to use them exclusively and to hold my TruHearing aids as backups only.

Also bought the TV connector, which works much better for me than the Phonak TV connector did when I was trialing the Phonak Lumity 90s that I returned due to charging issues.

Reach supports 6 custom programs?

1 Like

I am also interested in the latest Rexton Reach HAs. Please keep us informed as to how well they do in various environments.
I understand that they have the ability to simultaneously connect to two devices at once just like my Phonak P90Rs do, That is of interest to me as I go between my iPhone and iPad throughput the day.

I currently have them paired to my Rexton TV connector and to my iPhone without any problems. Have not attempted to pair to my PC and instead use my Sony headphones connected to the audio output of my PC over my HAs when watching videos on my PC.

I also have an HDMI connection from my laptop PC to one of the five input ports of my HDTV and sometimes watch youtube videos on my 65" TV while listening directly on my HAs using the Rexton TV connector.

As for how well the Reach do in various environments, I might not have a lot to write about that because I am new to HAs and understand my brain needs a lot of time to adjust and I am very tolerant of things others might complain about, and I play around with the six programs that were set up for me when I experience a new environment without making notes along the way. If I do discover something memorable though, I will try to post it.

1 Like

Mine are: Automatic, Noise/Party, Television, Outdoor/Traffic, Privacy and Induction Loop mT (Telecoil).

The Rexton TV connector works far better than the TV connector I had with my Phonak L90s before returning them. The Phonak TV connector would disconnect if I left my TV viewing room at all, but the Rexton TV connector continues even when I am about 20-30 feet away and I often continue listening while getting a snack or making a cup of coffee.
Everything about my Rexton Reach is better than the Phonak IMO.

My Reach is paired with my iPhone and my Rexton TV connector daily. When I receive a phone call I change from the Television program to the Privacy program, otherwise both streaming programs interfere with my phone conversation.

I am on my laptop when not watching TV, so I have an HDMI cable connecting my PC to a separate input on my HDTV and thus can play videos both on my PC and TV simultaneously - and I hear audio on my HAs through my attached Rexton TV connector. (Before trying this arrangement I wore Sony headphones over my HAs and hard-wired to my HDTV.)

3 Likes

Do you all choose the aids you want, or do you allow the HIS to advise what they feel would be best based on your loss? Tnx

My first aids Barnafon were recommended by fitter, my 2nd I wanted the KS10’s and asked for them and the fitter agreed. My latest Rexton Reach I wanted and the fitter wasn’t in agreement because they were “new” and she had no experience with them but I didn’t budge and she ordered them.

1 Like

Love my new Rexton Reachs. Costco $1499

1 Like

Good on you, as a experienced user you decide which models you want, always a bit off when the Audiologist clinic wants to “push” I mean recommend a certain brand.

Lots of good YouTube videos. Jabra and Rexton seem to be the favorites

I chose my own Phonak HAs from an online seller at twice the cost of my insurance deductible because the insurance would only let me choose their TruHearing brand - which my research determined was equal to Signia 7AX while Signia had recently released 7IX. However during my 60 day trial of the Phonak HAs, the Signia 7IX based HAs became available from TruHearing, so I returned the Phonak and bought the TruHearing product,
And subsequent to that purchase I decided to buy Rexton Reach from Costco so I would have backup HAs (having determined that these were also Signia 7IX).
The total I paid for both sets of HAs that I now have approximately equals what I was paying online for the Phonak - and that online price was about half as expensive as my local audiologist charges.
I now use the Rexton Reach as my primary set and just keep my TruHearing set charged and standing by in case I ever need them - although my Costco HIS says I will likely never need a backup pair because they would provide loaners if mine need to go in for repair.
I did my own research before making my purchases.
(Costco did Real Ear Measurements and many more tests for me than my insurance managed care provider did and my cost for comparable HAs at Costco was equal to my TruHearing deductible payment.)

1 Like