Costco 2024 Jabra and Philips tinnitus feature

Newbie here researching hearing aids… Is it possible to enable the tinnitus feature (tinnitus sound generator) for Costco’s version of Jabra Enhance Pro 20 or Philips 9040?
Thanks.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, sure it’s available for DIY projects, with ReSound SmartFit software, actually ReSound has a very good tinnitus controller with quite a few options available.

1 Like

Thanks. I am using iPhone-12, getting hearing aids from Costco Canada wherein tinnitus feature is unavailable on both Jabra 20 and Philips 9040. Not sure I understand… DIY meaning I will configure Resound SmartFit for Jabra 20?

1 Like

Tenkan is an advocate for ‘do it yourself’ hearing aid adjustment; that is, acquiring software that allows one to ‘fit’ and adjust their hearing aids themselves. There’s an entire sub forum here dedicated to this last.

I’m far too clumsy and impatient and technically stupid to attempt this, at this point. I can easily see the advantages, however. But for Tinnitus control? I’m not sure. More to the point, the tinnitus in my right ear recently became worse; that is, the same constant ‘hiss’ became louder. I haven’t looked into tinnitus control features because from what I understand they simply mask the tinnitus with another form of constant white noise. I don’t see the advantage in that. Others who use this feature may have more insight.

but again, unless one finds the tinnitus control feature in their aids to work wonders, and so wants to dial it in even further for their own relief…DIY has a long and potentially frustrating learning curve, unless you’re fluent in Tech-speak and comfortable with changing the parameters of your precious and expensive aids.

That said, here’s part of a post from a DIYer concerning their programming for music:

“This is where doing your own programming can be very satisfying. Just as long as you save your program settings, you can always revert to a previous program and start over. No mistakes are permanent, you can’t screw it up. Actually it can be fun to try different things to see what works best for you, and there is minimal initial cost.”

When the above poster writes, “you can’t screw it up” I think…he or she has never met me.

2 Likes