Cordless Home Phone pairing with the Newer Hearing Aids?

Anything new yet? I am aware of T-coils (not interested) and the Phonak DECT Phones that have been discontinued and not able to pair with the new Phonak Lumity HA. I’ve found some Cordless Phone Sets brands online with “meets TIA-1083 standards for hearing aid compatibility” and have DECT 6.0 digital technology and are Bluetooth compatibility for easy smartphone use…but no mention of bluetooth hearing aid compatibility.
Any info that Phonak will put out another DECT Phone?
Are there any other companies that are looking into this?
Thanks for any replies.

According to Phonak so long as the phone supports the Hands Free Profile (DECT) and supports Bluetooth 2.1 or greater it should work. Phonak Support Community

This one looks promising and even mentions Bluetooth compatible hearing aids in their supported Bluetooth devices:

Panasonic Expandable Cordless Phone System, Bluetooth Pairing for Wireless Headphones and Hearing Aids, Smart Call Block, Bilingual Talking Caller ID, 1 Handset - KX-TGD890S (Silver) https://a.co/d/06pbPdZ

Quick 'n dirty solution: just get a dedicated program on your Phonak aids for “Acoustic Phone”. This lets you hear on ANY phone stereophonically. It’s just about as good as BT streaming. I just used it today! Coincidentally, I was calling Costco Hearing Center to ask if non-members could buy aids there, cuz my 98-yr-old mom thought that was an option? Turns out the gal answering the phone couldn’t even HEAR ME. She said I kept “breaking up” so she hung up on me.

I’d called them with my Samsung Flip-4 cell phone using BT streaming. But since she couldn’t hear me, I grabbed our cordless landline phone, put my aids into “Acoustic Phone” and called her right back! The connection was clear and she could hear me, so I got my answer.

I had to GUFFAW as this was the Hearing Center … so maybe someone there needs to explore some new-fangled aids?

2 Likes

Acoustic Program on the the Phonak aids. Sounds good. I will look into that. Thank you!

1 Like

That looks like what I want. Works with Phonak Audeo L90 Hearing Aids (Bluetooth-HFP). I missed it in my search. Thanks!

1 Like