Consultation for new hearing aid to test

Hi, I need a super power hearing aid. Currently trying the Naida Paradise. I’m attaching here my audiogram and would appreciate advise on which other hearing aids to try prior to selecting. Thanks.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @user999 :smile: unfortunately there aren’t any BTE Super Power or Ultra Power aids, new to the market at present, well none that I have heard about? Phonak usually have a new iteration of Naida UP/SP, every 2 years or so, the latest Naida Paradise came out around January 2021, I believe the Oticon Xceed is approximately 5 years old, Xceed & Naida are the usual weapons of choice for those of us with a profound loss… I would hold off, and see what’s available in the near future, I certainly wouldn’t be buying older technology… Naida Paradise are still excellent aids, and most probably, the best that’s available at present? Cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

@kevels55 , you are absolutely right. I am trialing Xceed 1 UP and was able to hear better than More1 in noisy environment. Will be putting a pair of molds in the near future. Hopefully a new generation of BTE UP be available in 2 -3 years time.Cheers Dan :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you Dan, I am hoping it’s more imminent than that! We shall see? I did enquire via a Phonak A.uD that I am fairly friendly with, they are senior management, but there doesn’t appear to be any rumours for a new Naida, as yet? But, I can relay one encouraging titbit, Phonak where looking for folks last week, in the severe/profound threshold, and asked me to participate, I am on there list of people willing to help with their research… Unfortunately, I am too busy at present, so I am unable to enlighten you further, but perhaps something is on the go… Hopefully? Cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

Any chance of going on the list Kev?

1 Like

@kevels55

@michael1

I’m on the list for research. I’ve done a lot for Phonak already, Altho I’ve not heard about this one.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

If I recall correctly @michael1, I did it through the app? Last year sometime… Yeah, Phonak contacted me (via email) about 2 weeks ago @Zebras, saying my hearing loss fitted their criteria for some research, gave me a list to compile dates and times when I was available, filled it in, they replied saying these where acceptable, and how much I would be paid for each zoom meeting… TBH, I am not interested in their money, the research was my interest, but as it turned out, I had other things on, so I declined their offer… I don’t suppose I will be asked again, but such is life… Cheers Kev :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks Kev,I’ve found it in the app.

1 Like