Connexx IPC service unable to access client data

Connexx ‘IPC service unable to access client data’ is the error I get when I try to start up Connexx. Have no idea what it means and I can’t find an explanation.

Had some issues with our computer about a week ago and had to upgrade/restore windows 10. All existing programs remained and still work with exception to this one.

Do I need to uninstall and re-install it? If I do, I have no idea where the user data file is in order to save it. Believe it’s version 6.5.3. If I reinstall, should I upgrade to 8?

It seems self explanatory, “unable to access client data”.

Upgrade/restore? That seems like two different things. Upgrade windows 10 is done all the time via the Windows Update feature. Restore generally means that you are going backwards to a previous version of Windows along with previous version of installed programs. You (not any of us) would be in the best position to know what was used for the restore.

If it was me I would start over by uninstalling/re-installing. But then my first task would be to read the settings from the hearing instruments and save that without making any changes.

That depends upon whether you want to program older/legacy hearing aids or newer/current hearing aids.

Why the snide response?

How is it self explanatory? WTF is IPC Service? No, it doesn’t self explain chit.

Win 10 was corrupted so I had to restore it back into its working order. My Win 10 version was older so it also upgraded to a newer version of Win 10 at the same time. Therefore upgrade/restore is a true story brah.

I’m not able to open Connexx to read my settings. It only gives me the IPC Service error therefore I can not save my settings.

I only have my Pure Binax. Don’t know if that is older/legacy or not therefore I don’t know if the newer version of Connexx would be the best.

If I’m not able to read and store my settings using the Connexx program, then is there a way to copy and save the client database folder or files? If so, what file(s) and where are they located? I’ve looked through the program folders but its Greek to me.

What is self explanatory is the phrase “unable to access client data”.

I don’t keep track of which hearing aids are considered legacy or newer for each manufacturer. But if you like, I could recommend you for that open position :wink:

If you want to avoid this type of predicament in the future you might look into Image Backups.

Here’s some hints below from Connexx 8. Though, I don’t know that it will do you any good because your client data may possibly already be corrupt?

a1

What is self explanatory is the phrase “unable to access client data”.

But you don’t know what IPC Service refers to?

I don’t keep track of which hearing aids are considered legacy or newer for each manufacturer. But if you like, I could recommend you for that open position :wink:

Sure, why not? The help I’ve received so far has been as good as anything I could make up. :wink:

You just come back if you have similar problems in the future. Like maybe if you can’t find your socks. We’re here to help with things like that.

I can’t find my OBDII diagnostic tool that I need after I swapped the engine in my Jeep. Can you help with that?

Actually, I could;

Seriously if you can’t recover your client data just go what you have stored in your hearing instruments.

Uninstalled the earlier version of Connexx and deleted the folder that remained under Program Files. I then installed Connexx 8 and got the same damn error message. There has to be another location that is storing the client database but I can’t find it. Would have thought that the Connexx 8 install would have overwritten any of those files but maybe it’s not made to.

Would be nice if I knew what IPC Services meant.

Does this help?:
c:\program files (x86)\sat\clientdb\shsclient10.db

Does this help?:
c:\program files (x86)\sat\clientdb\shsclient10.db

Thanks but I had deleted that folder in it’s entirety and it didn’t resolve the issue.

Found the folder C:/Unity which contained a recently updated ClientDB file. Deleted the whole folder and re-installed Connexx 8. Now it works.

Splendid!!!

Thanks for the suggestion and help. I appreciate you looking into it for me.

Connexx 8 has a Client Database Import/Export tool which also shows where your client database is stored in ProgramData on your PC. See Post #4 of this thread for details.

That’s where I found what i offered. Interestingly, mine was a little different from what you supplied.

1 Like