Connexx 8 "fatal error"

Showed error and caused a dup post.

Your aids will be marked red=right and blue=left. They can be a dot or a larger mark. My aid has dots in the battery door. Some are a little banner with color and something to do with the model/brand.

The color marks on my bodies match the receivers, right all red, left all blue, however it’s the Connexx software/hardware that thinks the right is a left with the wrong receiver attached. There must be some internal difference beside the color codes that determines whether a given body is a right or left.

This may not be an issue when programming using cables, but since the wireless does not know which is which, it must interrogate the devices for that info. My right one seems to be coded wrong electrically or in software?? The color marks are just what someone added, and may not match the internal electronics/software.

Does anyone know or have a guess at how this is determined within the body and/or firmware of the aid itself?

HAs are interchangeable. Right/left doesn’t matter until you put right/left receivers on, or also red/blue identifiers/markers as visual aids. The fitting software knows which is which because it writes a different audiogram to each HA and when it does that, the software also marks the internal programming as Right/Left. That’s for wired fitting.

I don’t know how this works for wireless fitting? But you might try this experiment. Put the Connexxlink on your desk. Place the working HA on one side of the Connexxlink and note whether the Right/Left gets connected via wireless communications. Then physically move the HA location to the other side of the Connexxlink to see if the right/left will get changed. If it does switch sides then I am guessing that the wireless signals from Connexxlink are beamed to the right or left as opposed to a 360 degree circle and will start talking to whichever HA answers the communications protocol.

Never assume anything, and check your work several times! I should know that.

I rechecked my left and right aids, and I was wrong, the one designated right, with the right (red) receiver does in fact have a blue plastic insert in the battery door, indicating a “left” body!

This seems to solve my former mystery, I do in fact have two left aids! Sort of like having two left shoes I guess!

The software can’t deal with both of them at once, and the software did correctly identify the issue when I tried them one at a time.

At my next visit to Audi I’ll get a Right aid, with matching receiver.

That should solve my problem.

Hello all, I thought id share my experience solving this problem.

I was receiving the same “Fatal Error” message when I was Detecting hearing aids through the ConnexxLink. If I tried to detect only the right it would work, but when i tried to detect the left or left and right together it would fail.

There is nothing wrong with the hearing aids, the problem was I hadn’t updated my version of Connex! I was using a vanilla version of Connex 8 (8.0…) out of the box.

I had to update in two steps. The first step was to update and install a new version of the Update Manager to a version that supported updating Connex! By scanning for updates a second time a list of SiFit and Connex 8 were displayed and I installed these. Restarted the PC and hearing aids connected with no issues.

:slight_smile:

1 Like