Connectivity question: Phonak Paradise aids and Roger Select Mic

My wife has Kirkland Signature 10 hearing aids which are Phonak Paradise series 90 I believe. She uses a Phonak Partner mic successfully, which sends it’s signal via Bluetooth. The hearing aids connect to Bluetooth with no problem. We would like to purchase a Roger Select mic so as to listen to several people in a group. The question is do I need to buy separate receivers or do her hearing aids already have the receivers built in. Phonak product support could not help me. Thanks, Gary

The hearing aid have no roger receiver included , just the abilty to store an receiver license inside.

A Roger Select iN comes with receivers that could be transfered into the aids.

The cheaper Roger Select (without iN) does not have the receivers included and you need to buy aditional receivers.

Here in this thread you can find more information about Select iN and receiver transfer.
If you use the search function then you find many threads about Roger microphones

1 Like

Unfortunately, you have to buy separate receivers (really licenses). You will need one for each hearing aid. If you purchase a Roger Select iN (not just a Roger Select) the licenses will be included and it is then a small effort to transfer them to the hearing aids. The Roger Select works well when not in a real noisy situation such as a loud restaurant. Too much background noise and the Select will just amplify that and will not be much help. You can usually find these pretty reasonable on Ebay.

The Roger devices require a Roger receiver. The “IN” devices, Roger ON In, Roger Select IN, maybe others, have the receivers you need. Once the hearing aids have the receivers loaded, they can communicate with all Roger devices. You only have to buy, load receivers once.

1 Like