Connectivity: Audeo P50 and iPhone X: Issue after hearing aid repairs?

I recently had to send my Phonak Audeo P50s in for service, and they are finally back. However, I cannot for the life of me pair these things correctly so that I can both control them with the Phonak app AND stream music/phone calls. I can do one or the other, just not both.
Does anyone out there have any secret methodology I could try? I’ve done all the “normal” stuff we wouldn’t have to do if the app worked as it should, like delete and reinstall the app, tell my phone to “forget” the devices, reboot my phone, rebooted my HAs about 100 times, etc.
For a while, I could only pair the aids and operate them with the app, but I couldn’t stream with them, which is what I REALLY need these for. I found out that if I just turn them on without trying to pair them using the app and go to the Bluetooth Settings menu on my phone, the “R-Phonak Hearing Aid” device shows up and I am able to “connect” to it and I am able to stream. I know you need three things to be able to pair and stream, and I was only getting two previously. Once the “R-Phonak” is connected to my phone, however, I am unable to then pair the aids to the Phonak app itself after that.
I assume all of this will make sense to someone familiar with Phonak and its fumbly and frustrating app. Thanks.