Connecting your hearing aid's to Walkie Talkie's (in this case Samcom to Jabra)

I searched the internet and didn’t come up with much so I thought I’d post some info here to help someone down the road. Long ago I was a cop, K9 handler, SWAT. From all the range time, in ear radio comm’s, dog barking next to my right ear and an incident where a guy blew his apartment up while I was standing at the door, I’ve got some hearing loss, and some radio experience.

Fast forward many years, I’m retired and my pastor asked me to put together a security team that includes CCW holders at our Church. I have a team now and we’re both inside and outside the Sanctuary during services. I bought a fancy, expensive N-ear.com ear piece and push to talk for our Samcom radios. I was hoping I could use the N-ear in my bad ear, HA in my good ear and all would be happy. I couldn’t understand any radio comm’s in my right ear. So I started using the N-ear in my left, I can hear the comm’s but just OK and now I’m not so good when talking to people.

I saw that the Jabra multi mic had a 3.5mm jack on it, so I went to Costco and bought it. Plugged everything in and I have BT streaming for the walkie talkie to my Jabra HA’s. It’s not perfect, the volume seems low for some reason. I’ve got a message into Jabra support asking for help, but it could also be the walkie talkie. When I plug the multi mic into a 3.5mm jack of a music player, it’s plenty loud. So I’m still messing with it but I wanted other’s who use a radio to know there’s hope out there in steaming your communication to your HA’s!

1 Like

For people wearing Oticon HAs, the EduMic would work the same way as the Multi Mic.

IMG_0116

For anyone with telecoil a neckloop would also work.

IMG_0117

2 Likes