Connecting to Roger devices

Not so much a question, but an observation. I have KS10 HAs and a ‘legacy’ Roger 1.1 pen as well as a Roger On iN. I recently discovered I could link the two, thinking it would be a good option for larger meetings etc.

My primary use case is as a streaming device, connecting my locked down laptop to my HAs. Just for curiosity I plugged in the old Pen and…it works! No ON iN powered up.

ON device still connects to my HAs.

I previously thought the 1.1 pen wasn’t compatible with KS10s…or is that just the Bluetooth?

1 Like

Since KS10 HAs is a Phillip (Oticon) and could be connect to a Roger Pen 1.1 (Phonak). Looks like others HAs could also utilize Roger Pen 1.1 technology.
When you paired KS10 with RP 1.1, would be able to pick up the conversation from RP 1.1 to you KS10 HAs. If yes, then buying RP 1.1 to work with the HAs would superb!
Any advice.
TIA

KS10 was a product by Sonova, parent of Phonak, Unitron and Bernafon. It has Roger tech baked in and was based on Paradise. I might’ve erroneously thought the older Pen wouldn’t work. Nice discovery to make this am though.

HAs with telecoil could certainly use the Roger neck loop device (myLink?).

1 Like

Why not make a universal assisted device that connect all type of HAs. Just like the earbuds that pair with any iPhone or Android phone.

1 Like

I don’t know the ins and outs of Roger compatibility, but a big limitation of using multiple devices is that all devices that are linked will act as personal microphones. The group functionality of the On will be lost if using with multiple devices unless one is using a Table Mic II. Phonak Support Community.

You’re sorta right. KS10 is produced by Sonova, but Sonova has nothing to do with Bernafon. Bernafon is under Demant, which produces Oticon, Phillips and Bernafon. Perhaps you were thinking of Hansaton hearing aids? They are made by Sonova.

1 Like

Yes. Hansaton was the company I was thinking of. Pays not to try to multitask…

For sure, on occasion I have to attend large round table meetings with several sizeable round tables in a room of people all speaking at the same time. Lots of lovely reflective materials on the walls.

It’s hell.

And yet I’m asked to be a leading participant…

Sigh.

So my scenario use case was have Young Roger and his cousin - Old Rog - on the table so I get a shot at hearing. I don’t particularly want to draw attention to myself and having to explain that yes, I’m hard of hearing…

I’m wondering about getting a Roger ON in to point at my TV. I’ve been having some really squirrelly issues with my Phonak Lumity Life aids the past month: many MANY nights, the audio from TV Connector only streams to the LEFT aid; the RIGHT aid either is DEAD SILENT or it picks up the room’s ambient sound with no streaming capability.

If I get a Roger device, could I - in theory - place that on a table aimed at the TV and just stop using my TV Connector altogether? What I’d need is for that Roger device to stream audio directly to my aids (just like I stream phone calls on my cell phone). Is that how the Roger works?

Why not try the Roger On In hard-wired in place of the TV Connector, as in remove the connector and install the Roger in it’s place. It may have a greater ability to sort through the signal issue where the connector doesn’t. :thinking:

4 Likes

Like cleveto stated, from the literature it appears that the docking station can be used with the TV with a Toslink cable tuning it into a tv streamer also. This was something I was just investigating the other day if I purchase the Unitrons I am trialling now.

I like that idea. And it would give me one more option to try and circumvent this odd issue of streaming with my TV Connector that I’ve been having (where the RIGHT aid stops streaming, no matter what pair of aids I’m wearing!) for a couple months now.

2 Likes

Correct and it works very well. The beauty of this is that the docking station acts as both a charger and a TV connector simultaneously.

1 Like

I have the Roger Select and connected it to my tv while charging and it works great for tv

1 Like