Connecting Pixel 7a to Oticon Xceed

Who has tried connecting to Google Pixel 7a (or other google pixel models) to Oticon Xceed 3 UP BTE? Are they fully functional? Please describe if you have such models. Including calls, listening to movies, music, as well as third-party Zoom programs. I’m just trying to figure out which Android-based smartphone to buy with hearing aid support, what I know in the Iphone is that it is. I read in the official Google website, it is written that there is support since Android 14. I will be very grateful.

This suggests you won’t get direct streaming - otherwise it wouldn’t mention the connect clip. You will be able to use the app.

I have a Pixel 6a.
I had a 3a before it.
I think everyone who uses a Pixel is a permanent beta tester.

Have you tried connecting to a hearing aid? Are there any results?

I trialed Starkey
I believe Livio RIC.
I could talk on the phone and stream.
I had Android 13 at the time.
My present aids you
cannot stream without an intermediate device.
It’s not important to me so I won’t spend the money.
Besides my aids are Audible a Starkey brand.
They have no clue on what to do.
That was part of the original problem on my trial.
I still believe if you have a Pixel you are a permanent beta tester.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a Google Pixel. There was an opportunity to test in the store (Google pixel 6a, android 12) without a beta tester, they connected, but the hearing aid support does not see them. I assume that there needs the latest version of Android 14, either as you say you need a beta test.

I have heard that someone could connect without ConnectClip, but I do not know if this is true.

The 6a is ASHA compliant.
So if the Xceed can connect to an iPhone I think it should connect to the 6a.
You will not have the same functionality.
You have to answer using the phone.
I believe you have to talk into the phone.
It should stream however.
They are others on this blog who are way smarter than me who can answer the question.

I am aware that Google Pixel has the ASHA protocol, as well as some devices. I tested it with a friend, Samsung S22 Ultra, there is ASHA there, we could connect, but there is no streaming. I suspect that it is disabled at the software level, i.e. you need to turn it on manually, through a routine or dancing with a tambourine. Since we have a sparsely populated area, so not everything is so simple and there is a small selection of smartphones, we have a smartphone delivery for a month, it is not possible to test it in the post office. And it’s a pity to throw away extra money if the function does not work. For the iphone se itself (2016), everything works fine and connects, although there is a break in communication for a fraction of a second.

All I know is on Android 13 with the Starkey Livio once the aid connected to the phone I could stream.
You connected using the accessibility
function where it says hearing aids?
If so, if you are on 14 could be 14.

Yes, we tried it through the “Special Features”. However, I did not test on Android 14. I could have achieved further, but the smartphones are strangers, so I could not go any further. I’m looking for information everywhere, even Oticon threw off the link from above, but I think that all devices were tested exclusively with ConnectClip. For the meaning of BTE disappears, why is it needed. At the moment I now have a smartphone, Xiaomi Mi 9 lite (Android 10, 4 years of use). Of course, from the Iphone se (2016), I was impressed by the sound, I can listen to music, watch movies, listen to lectures, but the device is outdated and the screen is small, not familiar, the battery does not keep the day, lack of communication and calls (there is no SIM there). This is the only happiness for me, such a function, it’s a pity that there is no such function on Android smartphones (maybe I’m wrong).

The streaming exist.
I do not understand why it doesn’t work.
Googleites always say, Google is going to Google.
You’re connecting directly to the phone not using the app right?
If so, that’s the extent of my expertise.

I’ve tried both. At least together. However, I haven’t tried to install the program on pixel, google account is required there, you can’t install it in the store.
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/9393002?hl=en&sjid=1667632991640482022-EU

You can try to use Google help but I doubt you’ll get anywhere.
Google is not really consumer orientated.
They’re add orientated.
If it really is 14 they’ll probably address it in an update, eventually.

When my pixel 4a5g was running Android 13, I had no issues with it connecting with my Phonak Bolero Marvel rechargeable aids vis bluetooth. It worked fine with or without the app. I just upgraded to the Pixel 8, and it works the same.

When you pair a phone via Bluetooth in android, there is an option to allow it to access your audio. Make sure you have it switched on if you want to be able to stream media. In my case I would rather have it off, but I have verified that it does work. You can access this setting anytime after pairing.

As for Pixel owners being beta testers, there is a tiny bit of truth to that claim, but it primarily affects some very new features that other Android phones may have to wait a year or more to receive, and many of these features are exclusive only to Pixel phones.

I started with the 4a, which I gave to my wife, then the 4a5g which was my daily driver until we both upgraded to the Pixle 8. We never had any functionality issues with them. They probably are running the purest android available with zero bloatware. Lean & mean!

The Xceed uses the Velox S processor which is not ASHA compatible, so the ConnectClip is the only way to stream audio/phone calls.The Velox S processor is “Made for iPhone” or MFI, so it won’t direct stream to any android.
The P7a is, of course, fully ASHA compatible, but you’d need an iPhone to direct stream to your Xceed.
You’d still need a CClip to connect to a laptop or tablet, or even to get full 2 way phone calls even with iPhone…

4 Likes

Like I said.
People on this forum a lot smarter than me. :grinning:

1 Like

There is still support, I think it requires Android 14. Does anyone have pixel 7a or lower, on Android 14.

I’m sorry you did not understand my post.
All the Pixels from the P3 up are ASHA compatible, however the Oticon Xceeed is NOT!
Here’s a link to Oticon’s webpage which clearly states the ConnectClip IS required for android.
Scroll down the link to " Connect to everyday devices".

2 Likes