Connecting Phonak Paradise hearing aids to Phonak TVLink II

Has anyone ever connected the Phonak Paradise HA with an older TV Link 2 instead of buying the new tv streamer?

1 Like

Yes it can be done, also the older tv link, plus the unitron versions as well, remember this is a straight classic bluetooth connection, which is suitable from Marvel platform onwards, so your Paradise are classic bluetooth to any other devises.

1 Like

Hi, well I did connect to mine, only issue is a 0.25 sec delay in the audio, looks weird when people talk, there were also some drop outs on a irregular basis, so I decided to get the new one so that the technology matches, so far everything is good, only had my new paradise P70 for 6 days, and so far the whole exercise is good, been wearing ha’s for 18 years and have about 75% loss in both ears.

Ah, that’s GOOD! I was about to ask you to post a picture of that old TV Link 2. I used to use something that looks similar to the current TV Connector when I wore the Audeo B-Directs, but when I bought Marvels several years ago, I got the new TV Connector. As far as I know, that is the latest release from Phonak. It uses AirStream Technology, which is more efficient than classic Bluetooth.

And hey, if it works, I’m not about to change it. :slight_smile:

it was the tvlink S, here is the link. Phonak TV Link S | Advanced Affordable Hearing

I had one of the new TV connectors. But none of the Phonak Life adjustable high end features worked thru the TV connector nor other streaming sources, so both the Lifes and the TV connector went back!

The link S did work, but was inconsistent with the audio, 1/4sec delay was a bit too much, some sports broadcast already had a small delay, add this to it and ouch, and audio breakups was on and off, so that was that, it was interesting to try. My ha’s are Phonak Paradise P70T.

The quality of the tv connector is so good that once heard you won’t want to do without it.
Pity speedskater sent his back because overall sound can be adjusted can’t see a need for any other settings.
It has to be done in Target so if you don’t diy it means a visit to your audi.

As far as I’ve found, the TV Link (and Compilot
II) only works with Phonaks up to the Venture range. Marvel, Paradise and Lumity aids us Airstream and Bluetooth for such things, with the TV Connector being an all round better device

Yeah so what happens is the compilot doesn’t work with Marvel onwards, however the tv connecter is classic Bluetooth just like Marvel, Paradise, Lumity HAs, the only problem is the lip sync, unless you have a TV that can adjust the delay it can be noticeable to some people, so as you say the TV connector is the unit to go for.

It isn’t noticable on any of my TV’s. If TV speaker is loud enough that I can hear over it, or I remove 1 aid, it’s like a slap back echo.

It’s like opening a can of worms, the older TV link is a model S, and I watch a lot of sports, all of which is recorded over the air broadcast, there is already a small delay on the audio of most of those, and it varies from one to the other, add the link delay, and it’s pretty bad, so I got the new one, it was an attempt to see if there was an alternate. On live broadcast, with the new tv link, it’s barely noticeable, my TV does not have an adjustment for the delay, and I’m not changing the set, works great, sound is split between me and my wife (she listens to the speakers) and everybody is happy.

1 Like